Author Topic: Event_AddRandomItem [v0.1.1]  (Read 6151 times)

Event_AddRandomItem

An event that gives the player a random item of a random rarity from a specific color category.

To set up the event place random item spawn bricks(located in Special > Interactive). The color of the brick is the category it will be in. Spawn an item on it. Click the brick and scroll through your brick menu(default 0 - 1) to select how rare the item will be. Click plant brick to confirm or cancel brick to cancel.

Now when you use the event, select the color that you chose for one or more of the random item spawn bricks.
Check the checkbox to make it not display the center print message.

You can also change the name of a color category by doing /setRandItemColorName NAME.

DOWNLOAD ON BLOCKLAND GLASS

Instructional Video
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:22:34 PM by jes00 »

This sounds great, but could you make a video showing how to set it up perhaps too?  I'm not good with written instructions.

This sounds great, but could you make a video showing how to set it up perhaps too?  I'm not good with written instructions.
Sure. I'll do it tonight or tomorrow or something.

So whenever I go to spawn an item with this, no matter how I change the weapons rarity, it always shows it as Ubiquitous when spawned.

No matter what color I use, it always says Ubiquitous.
Also, you should add a completely random item event that gives items based on the rarity of them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:03:56 PM by TableSalt »

No matter what color I use, it always says Ubiquitous.
The color of the brick is the category. Click the brick to set the rarity.

The color of the brick is the category. Click the brick to set the rarity.
I know..

Also, you should add a completely random item event that gives items based on the rarity of them.
Just make all of the bricks the same color? Or do you want it to be able to switch in between modes based on a parameter in the event?

I'm making the instructional video now.

Just make all of the bricks the same color? Or do you want it to be able to switch in between modes based on a parameter in the event?
It would be nice to choose both a specific category and all categories without having to change the colors.

Maybe make another category that overlaps the items?

For instance, red has a Rocket Launcher, blue has a Gun.  Make purple with both?

Can you possibly make an output event like "SetRandomItem"?

Can you possibly make an output event like "SetRandomItem"?
Using the same system or just any random item?

The video is finished. Will upload tonight. The quality isn't the greatest, but it isn't too bad. First time I've ever done something like this.

Using the same system or just any random item?
The same system