[iEvent] Blockoworld 2016 -- BLOCK PARTY [FOR REAL THIS TIME WE SWEAR]

Author Topic: [iEvent] Blockoworld 2016 -- BLOCK PARTY [FOR REAL THIS TIME WE SWEAR]  (Read 13529 times)

after the hoster fell off and stopped hosting in general i have no idea how this will be hosted.

i'm working on a new build and stuff for a 2nd gaming rig so maybe i'll host it on that.

just a update on whats going on so far.

school and work are hitting me like full circle, so i have little time on what i'm gonna do for this year's blockoworld. yes, i know it seems doomed but i still want to supply SOMETHING for this year. since i got rid of the mini mac that hosted the iEvent campus for awhile, i've been lacking a second dedicated rig to host a server for you guys. i've been "working" on the second rig but i'm waiting for enough money so i can get ram and a new case that's smaller for this since i'm gonna stash it in the living room somewhere.

i'm hoping for a october deadline for me to get some ram for this rig and maybe a case (this case looks straight outta 2001) so i can get blockoworld out of the way. from the looks of it, i don't know if there will be another one next year, but if the turnout is higher than usual (and the PC i built for this reason works way better than me running it on my main rig + the dedicated exe) i might consider it.

wait since when is iEvent considered an old clan? or have I just not been paying attention to clan discussion for many years

wait since when is iEvent considered an old clan? or have I just not been paying attention to clan discussion for many years
since like 4 years ago or longer when it died

since like 4 years ago or longer when it died

that's news to me lol

they have been doing really fun community stuff for years and just came back recently.

they have been doing really fun community stuff for years and just came back recently.

yup.

oops its been 2 months, and i finally finished the server.

my main concern after our main hoster droped off the face of the planet was that i need adequate hardware to efficiently host a blockoworld server.

ive had it built and ready to go for about a week, but it just so happened the world series was in town (cubs fan for life, i nearly died the last game) and did a weekend pilgrimage in downtown Chicago.

to make this year's work, im not worried about a convention center...were gonna make it a omage to the old block party servers. ill start downloading all the necessary mods tomorrow if and when I get back from the parade tomorrow and we'll get this party on the road.

WE OUT HERE BOY, PUTTIN IN WORK, FOR YOU TO WORK

i have a test server up, i would love it for all of you to invite your friends and try to get as many people on as possible.

i want to see how it performs under load and with 64 people connected.

you can try multiclienting

or just straight up start the block party and then if problems appear handle it then

nvm cancelled again we aren't drunk anymore

nvm cancelled again we aren't drunk anymore

ha loser.

seriously guys, PM me to reconfirm you're doing blockworld.

what if you are pm banned? i am still gonna do it

what if you are pm banned? i am still gonna do it

contact me on steam or i'll figure something out.