Will Zealot ever get Windows 10?

Author Topic: Will Zealot ever get Windows 10?  (Read 6841 times)

Skyrim works 100% fine under WINE

black screen no sound no game

black screen no sound no game
It worked first time for me. Actually, it was one of the easiest games to get working.

It worked first time for me. Actually, it was one of the easiest games to get working.

thats great but linux is still awful at gaming and not practical for it at all

I've gone from windows 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 and Ive had no issues at all

Linux and UNIX is generally considered the standard operating system from a computer science standpoint, and I'm slowly starting to see why. All I can say is, while it is cool and nice, it's barely meant for gaming in the slightest. You're better off just using Windows for its compatability or build a game from the ground up using compatible code.

I still don't understand why people hate Windows 10 so much, I have had Windows 10 since release on all 4 of my computers and the only nuisance I have is that it can't update my HP printer driver (And I dont even own/use an HP Printer)

I still don't understand why people hate Windows 10 so much, I have had Windows 10 since release on all 4 of my computers and the only nuisance I have is that it can't update my HP printer driver (And I dont even own/use an HP Printer)
Its a good thing to not use HP Printers anymore. They love to have loads of technical failures. Or sending electical sparks,going on fire or exploding. Also, printer ink now expires because of a microchip so you cant refill the cartridges or use them to the fullest because forget YOU BRING ME MONEY.

I upgraded to windows 10 and it worked flawlessly. But... if you are upgrading to windows 10, uninstall avast antivirus. Its more devastating on your PC than with Mcaffee and honnestly only serves to break stuff. The desktop does not appear, you cant access anything, internet is wonky and you need to log into safe mode so that you can access your files and delete it. They already showed signs of being stuff when GMOD was silently blocked by avast without the users knowing it.

EDIT:
It's been awesome with the rare exception of the start menu bar not working
You might have avast. This is the first thing that shows up before your system is forgeted with what i said.

Oh and, my brother had avast and did not uninstall it when it broke stuff. What resulted was that his entire windows installation did not work. When he reinstalled it he had to activate a new copy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:17:34 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

I, for one, did not completely break my computer when I installed Windows 10. It's been awesome with the rare exception of the start menu bar not working and sometimes not knowing where stuff is. Works great with my hardware.

My brother's pc auto updated to win10 the other day and it worked all right for a day or two before dying and leaving him with a completely forgeted OS.
I don't trust it one bit.

He did it again folks!

So I prepared to do a fresh update of Win10, as some users suggested. It actually caught me by surprise and randomly began shutting down while I was composing a BLF post (you may have seen it).

Fresh install. Still broke my PC.

I called my PC manufacturer and asked them whats up, and after a 40 minute or so investigation figured out that my motherboard was incompatible with Windows 10 because ASUS never got around to updating their drivers. Now I'm back on a fresh install of Win7.

I'm going PC shopping because I really haven't learned my lesson and still want Win10. Gonna replace a lot of things, (motherboard, ram, graphics card to name a few) and will probably break my PC a few more times in my efforts.

Why do you want Windows 10 so badly

Why do you want Windows 10 so badly
I really liked the blocky design of Win8 for tablets, like my Surface, but it's other features based around taking away user control (like automatically opening images in an incredibly useless image viewer) really put me off of it for computers.

When they announced Win10 would be free, and I saw the screenshots, I thought it looked great. I installed it on my laptop, and it works wonderfully. Best OS they've ever made. Also, a lot of programs will run better in a newer operating system like 8 or 10.

Also, in the process of upgrading these computer parts, I'm probably gonna double or triple my performance.

So, any software recommendations for the new PC?

just remember you cant forget up worse than i did