Black Lives Matter hi-jacks orlando shooting morning ceremony.

Author Topic: Black Lives Matter hi-jacks orlando shooting morning ceremony.  (Read 44943 times)

If black people want results, they need to seek answers introspectively. Not through blaming whitey and throwing big temper tantrums.
Honestly, I hate BLM as much as the next person here. However, I have to disagree on this whole 'black people should improve themselves' mentality because it's not possible at this juncture. The only way for the oppressed to gain freedom is for the oppressors to make it happen. And yes, this is a case of oppression. You may feel that 'monday' is just a word and has no meaning, or maybe the police are profiling for the safety of others, etc etc. But it cuts too deep for words to describe. It's not the same as enslaving a race but it's pretty loving close.

The world is built by rich people for rich people.
This won't pass at all. Human rights come before riches.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:53:33 PM by Path »

Black Lives Matter hi-jacks thread about how Black Lives Matter hi-jacked LGBT ceremony.

Fantastic.

itt: sheltered white people argue against black people who have faced discrimination almost every day of their life

I doubt this.

Seems kind of farfetched that kids from Blockland suffered through racial oppression their entire life. Wouldn't you march with BLM instead of preach on a lego forum?

Those men that hurt you and/or girlfriend deserve whatever punishment they got, and I hope they were brought to justice. However, just because you were mugged by a couple black males doesn't mean that every black criminal is forgeted up in the head and promotes senseless violence. In all the experience that i've had staying with my cousins, a lot of black males are forced to resort to a criminal career. There's no education they can pursue, and there's no job worth working at that will support them or their families.

I didn't say all black people are the same and need to be executed. I brought up relevant statistics to support a proposition that the problem regarding african american oppression comes from within, and the black youth are being tricked by a sinister culture into enabling regressive behavior.

Saying that there's no job to support you is simply false. There might be shortage of comfy glamorous desk jobs that pay executive wages, but there is always someone paying for hard work. It's not always about the suit and tie and the paycheck that comes in the mail and it certainly doesn't boil down to sticking up stores and jeopardizing your future.

This is another anecdote but I got a friend that lives in the west end of south ATL on probably one of the most dangerous blocks in his neighborhood. His dad left, then his mom left, so he had to go live with his grandma. He's never committed a crime in his life. He mixes concrete, unpacks trucks and pushes wheel barrows up hills 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. He gets payed. That's surviving. Sticking people up on the street corner, pretending that it's gonna get you out the hood and not 6ft under or in prison, that stuff is not surviving. It's just easy.

I blame white people for this. Not all white people, but I blame people who are directly tribal towards us as much as I blame people who dismiss racism as something that doesn't exist anymore. It may not seem like such a heinous crime in this day and age, but it's really just insult to crippling injury.

Obviously racism exists. It's just simply another form of discrimination. People are discriminated by skin color, age, gender, religion all the time and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop it. It's part of the package that comes with being allowed to have your own thoughts, AKA freedom. Freedom of thought, expression, business, ect.

We've made efforts to curb discrimination, such as the equal pay act and affirmative action, but I'm not sure what kind of change you're expecting that will solve this issue. There are challenges that everyone faces unique to them. There are a lot of rich black people and a lot of poor white people. You can't blame each other and expect each other to fix each other's problems.

Honestly, I hate BLM as much as the next person here. However, I have to disagree on this whole 'black people should improve themselves' mentality because it's not possible at this juncture. The only way for the oppressed to gain freedom is for the oppressors to make it happen. And yes, this is a case of oppression. You may feel that 'monday' is just a word and has no meaning, or maybe the police are profiling for the safety of others, etc etc. But it cuts too deep for words to describe. It's not the same as enslaving a race but it's pretty loving close.

Well you'll never get rid of the word monday. You start making words illegal and you'll be walking down a road to a destination you don't like. But, realistically, the type of person who thinks it's okay to punch someone in the mouth for making fun of their girlfriend's assault is the same person who thinks it's okay to punch someone in the mouth for calling them a monday.

You're damn right that poor people are oppressed. America is a relatively plutocratic system, but I won't believe for a second that poverty is exclusive to black people. If the government starts giving black people handouts, then black people start relying on the handouts, and when black people rely on the government, you're going to become enslaved in a way you didn't think previously possible. You say it's up to the oppressors to help you, but who are the oppressors? White people? Which white people, Donald Annoying Orange or the hobo down by the trainstation? Is it black people? Robert L. Johnson or the hobo down by the trainstation?

You've got the same opportunities as the whites, blacks, hispanics, native americans in your community/wealth bracket. Anyone who tells you anything different is lying and trying to exploit you for political gain.

We've made efforts to curb discrimination, such as the equal pay act and affirmative action, but I'm not sure what kind of change you're expecting that will solve this issue.

Right the only racism people are most likely to experience in first world countries is public opinion, which can't be changed.

As a white person I hate feeling like I'm going to get stabbed when I cross a black stranger down a street. You black people have yourselves to blame for causing white people to react the way we do.

You've got the same opportunities as the whites, blacks, hispanics, native americans in your community/wealth bracket. Anyone who tells you anything different is lying and trying to exploit you for political gain.
Everything you've said above makes a lot of sense and i'm glad you said it. This, though, isn't exactly true. The majority of America's market is white dominated, and everything around us is as a result. There may be a very small amount of discrimination on be based on my race, but its enough to be noticed. I don't face the same discrimination as most black males do (i'm half black/half white but I live under a white household because my father is homeless) but I see it on the black side of my family. My cousins often complain about being given bad looks in public or being turned down from a job they are qualified for for no reason.

In actuality, we have a lot more freedoms than we did, say, ten years ago, but there are still issues in our society. Also, I didn't mean to come off as a richard when I was talking about your girlfriend, I didn't really think much before posting.

That you have to put it in perspective. If you lay the numbers flat out, then yes, there is more black crime than white crime. But you also have to look at the percent of black people who are poor, or who have to live in ghettos, or who are uneducated.
It's obvious that a disproportionately poor group of people is going to be responsible for more crime. It's common sense that their race isn't the reason for it. The perpetuation of gangster culture, made for the poor and uneducated, is hurting black youth and a ton of peoples' perception of an entire race.
This is correct.

Everything you've said above makes a lot of sense and i'm glad you said it. This, though, isn't exactly true. The majority of America's market is white dominated, and everything around us is as a result. There may be a very small amount of discrimination on be based on my race, but its enough to be noticed. I don't face the same discrimination as most black males do (i'm half black/half white but I live under a white household because my father is homeless) but I see it on the black side of my family. My cousins often complain about being given bad looks in public or being turned down from a job they are qualified for for no reason.

In actuality, we have a lot more freedoms than we did, say, ten years ago, but there are still issues in our society. Also, I didn't mean to come off as a richard when I was talking about your girlfriend, I didn't really think much before posting.
This is also EDIT: People are allowe to  say what they want, but they have to deal with the consequences.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:41:39 PM by JitankIsFag »

This is also EDIT: People are allowe to  say what they want, but they have to deal with the consequences.

You should like an ape though.

"You said a word to me, I'm going to beat you up!"

w[hat]
Tony knows quite a lot about consequences. After all, he is the only person on this forum with an executive order...

Tony knows quite a lot about consequences. After all, he is the only person on this forum with an executive order...

Could you please stop referring back to this?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:24:34 PM by Lord Tony® »

Path why don't we talk about your BLhacks.

You want people to trust black people more, seems like the opposite.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:22:11 PM by Lord Tony® »

god the millennial/gen Y generation is loving disgusting.

all the groups struggled and managed to get the equality they been fighting for for last few hundred years. now these new age spoiled dependent kids have nothing to fight for. so they have to create something to be offended and angry about.
half of it is just pretending we are more divided and unequal then we really are.

all these stuffty liberal art colleges getting kids riled up over old stuff. so they go out to fight a battle that isnt even there.

Exactly.

All of everyone's rights in america has already been fought for, what is left for them to fight for? loveist air conditioning?