Author Topic: .atmosphere File Saver  (Read 874 times)

So I have been making a lot of Sky Boxes recentlyI'll release them later, And one thing that annoys me a lot is making the .atmosphere files. If you don't know what atmosphere files do, Basically they change the default Sun Flares, Sun Elevation, Sun Flare colour, Shadow colour, direct light colour, etc.

Anyway, I thought it would be useful if there was a button in the Advanced Environment control that automatically created a .atmosphere file with the settings that have been changed. This would be really useful since I won't have to guess what to write for the things that are changed with one of those slidey thingies. Would something like that be possible? zeblote pls
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:29:21 AM by BlooKirby »

Don't bump things so quickly.

So I have been making a lot of Sky Boxes recentlyI'll release them later, And one thing that annoys me a lot is making the .atmosphere files. If you don't know what atmosphere files do, Basically they change the default Sun Flares, Sun Elevation, Sun Flare colour, Shadow colour, direct light colour, etc.

Anyway, I thought it would be useful if there was a button in the Advanced Environment control that automatically created a .atmosphere file with the settings that have been changed. This would be really useful since I won't have to guess what to write for the things that are changed with one of those slidey thingies. Would something like that be possible? zeblote pls
Well, sort of. Assuming it changes every time a slider/button is moved/pressed, you could maybe spam it and do the duplication save attack (fills a folder with bogus data), but also that you wouldn't be able to load in the environment (a point if you would make a loading system like this). It really ain't a good idea in general, but maybe somebody else can correct me/make it.
PROTIP: saveEnvironment is a function

there's a mod that adds fav buttons to the enviro settings somewhere

Well, sort of. Assuming it changes every time a slider/button is moved/pressed, you could maybe spam it and do the duplication save attack (fills a folder with bogus data), but also that you wouldn't be able to load in the environment (a point if you would make a loading system like this). It really ain't a good idea in general, but maybe somebody else can correct me/make it.
PROTIP: saveEnvironment is a function
Or you know, you could just make it entirely client sided.

Or you know, you could just make it entirely client sided.
>:(
server sided or bust

I meant having a button to save the enviroment file.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:39:31 AM by BlooKirby »

I think that the mod that Tudoreleu will format the file properly to be used as a .atmosphere file.