Author Topic: Better Shadow Control v1.6  (Read 20684 times)

ok this is a good mod again

pretty sure you need some more memory

6 GB of ram isnt enough?

Not normal ram, vram. The ram on your GPU.

6 GB of ram isnt enough?
What are your GPU stats? ArmyGuy is asking for the memory of your graphics card, not your CPU.

http://i.imgur.com/0bJ0dXI.png

6 GB of ram isnt enough?
RAM doesn't play as big of a role in having stable FPS as a good graphics card and processor, i have 12 GB of RAM, but a Radeon R5 graphics card with a 2.2 GHz quad-core processor, and i can only run on medium with hardly any FPS drops and high with a few FPS drops, can't use very high nor maximum shadows

v1.1 to v1.2
Fixed memory issue when quality is set really high - if set at or over 8000, the shadows are set to 5000, then incrementally by 500 until the desired value - this takes longer, but avoids the memory issue.
I think that should fix it. Redownload

What are your GPU stats? ArmyGuy is asking for the memory of your graphics card, not your CPU.

I couldn't tell you, im not that computer savy and im not sure how i would locate these stats.

I think that should fix it. Redownload

Thank you

Take a screenshot of your settings and post it here. If you don't have some things filled in, it turns your shaders off. (Specifically the "level" and if the quality is set to 0).
imgur is being really pissy and won't work at all so here's an image of it
"Level" has to be the name of the shader. renderCsm is the default shader, so put that in the level box. Not 0.
that worked thx
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:24:25 PM by gebenuwell »

imgur is being really pissy and won't work at all so here's an image of it

"Level" has to be the name of the shader. renderCsm is the default shader, so put that in the level box. Not 0.

maybe you could make it have renderCsm in there by default

Example:

(Added this to the OP)

that ultramax quality though holy balls

i didnt realize that was possible without murdering your computer, even for good comps

i didnt realize that was possible without murdering your computer, even for good comps
I still can't use max unless i make the shadows giant blocks :(

i didn't either, I was just screwing around with variables and trace one day and decided to make this bc loveiness

I feel like the GUI needs an update
But like what
Any ideas anyone?

just make it smaller so theres less empty space, thats all

maybe instead of typing in the shader manually, have a preprocessed list so you can drop down select with it (and take advantage of zeblotes mod yet again)