Author Topic: Better Shadow Control v1.6  (Read 20866 times)

Better Shadow Control
Change shadows and shaders with more precision!

Example:

Features:
  • Use default or custom, which includes different shader qualities, levels, dynamics, and splits.
  • Change the settings for screenshots, so your screenshots can look better without having to manually change your shaders!(The General settings are reapplied after the screenshot is taken - this goes for DOFs too!)
  • Screw something up? There's an Emergency Reset button that's red, next to the done button. It resets everything, and turns your shaders off.
  • Also has a custom keybind!

List of options and what they do:
Quality        The size of the shadow map. Default max is 4096, but this mod allows you to go up to 10009. (Warning - setting this to 0 will turn your shaders off!)
Level        The name of the shader, ie Soft, Ultra. renderCsm is the default shader. You must have shader_vert.glsl and shader_frag.glsl in your shaders folder.
Dynamics        Rendering of dynamic objects (players, vehicles, bots, etc). Setting this to 0 will not render them at all, and setting it to 4 will allow you to see shadows for far away dynamic objects.
Splits        Number of splits - scene is rendered again for each split

Dropbox
v1.6 (4.08 KB)

Download on Glass!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:50:48 PM by Cruxeis »

Sweet. Can I set it to use a different shader (non-default) for my screenshots while using default shaders normally?

Sweet. Can I set it to use a different shader (non-default) for my screenshots while using default shaders normally?
Yup!
Level        The name of the shader, ie Soft, Ultra. renderCsm is the default shader. You must have shader_vert.glsl and shader_frag.glsl in your shaders folder.
So if you have both of those files, for example soft_vert and soft_frag, you would just type "soft" in the level box under Screenshots

this is a good mod

default max shaders (i get 80-90 fps on this particular build):

max quality with this mod (30-60 fps on this paticular build (the fps is not consistent at all)):

this is why this is a good mod
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:45:30 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

Holy balls the quality of that duplicator cube 11/10 mod.

ok there isn't a good thing about this mod and here's what it is:

where's the button for it in the options
there needs to be a button for it in the options because i bet everybody has atleast 5000 keybinds already set and has no room for another

if this feature is added it would restore the glory of this good mod

this isn't working for me
i put in my desired settings and i press ok but it just sets the shaders to off????
i don't have an intel graphics card too

this isn't working for me
i put in my desired settings and i press ok but it just sets the shaders to off????
i don't have an intel graphics card too
Take a screenshot of your settings and post it here. If you don't have some things filled in, it turns your shaders off. (Specifically the "level" and if the quality is set to 0).

You should put the "custom shaders" right next to the default shaders option

I think i forgeted it up.

I think i forgeted it up.
-snip-

pretty sure you need some more memory

Do you like have a gpu with 512mb of vram?

v1 to v1.1:
Added "Open BSC" button in the options
I'm looking into the memory problem currently. I should have a fix in a little while.