Author Topic: Conan's Add-on Development Service  (Read 4750 times)

I'm here to offer modeling and code consultation services for people who want help with developing addons or need animated playermodels or items for their addon. I'm doing this in part since I've wanted to for a while, and in part because I'm having trouble motivating myself to finish add-on projects I start.

Things I can help you make:
  • Models (Vehicle, Item, Playertype, Untextured Bricks; with or without animations)
  • Scripts (Server sided; item/player/vehicle scripts)
  • Emitters (Debris, complex or basic emitters, for projectile/explosions)
  • Events
  • Tutorials (Blender 2.49b, 2.77)
  • Coding help/consultation, though I don't think I'm good enough to teach anyone how to code just yet.

Unlike Filipe, I'm charging prices for work individually - simpler requests will be cheaper while tougher ones that take longer will cost more.
Under each image of my work below, I list an approximate price I would charge for the model/pack. Note that the price may be a bit lower given a reference image to work off of.
I take payment through Paypal or Steam gifts depending on the gift.

If the prices seem a tad arbitrary, its because some models or scripts take longer than others. Larger orders that follow a certain theme or style also get a discount. Most orders can be completed within 3 days, longer only if I end up getting very busy IRL or need to learn how to do certain things.

Everything shown below is made by me (including emitters), minus the chatsystem radio model, spotlight light beam static shape (its port's new brick tool static shape), shotgun post-fire smoke and shell debris, and any weapon sounds (I usually get them from Arekan or other sources).

Examples:
click images for larger size

Olympic torch model. $2.

Fully coded door bricks with correct collision. $4 each.

Fully coded brick set with basic cuboid collision, valves and sprinklers are door bricks. $8 for the pack.

Weapon models without animation. $2-3 per model, $10 for the pack.

Weapon with separated first/third person anims. $6. $9 with emitters and script.

Fully animated and coded playertype. $14.

Fully animated and coded playertype; spotlight fires a beam that can blind people. $14.
Chatsystem
Server script: see topic for info. $6.

One-on-one lessons or written tutorials cost $10-18 depending on the topic and how comprehensive it needs to be. They may be split up into multiple sessions or posts as well depending on how they go.
Coding help and advice will cost $1 per hour of time spent. I only include time I'm actively helping you - for example, helping you debug your code, not just answering one-off questions. Since you pay in advance, any time left over will carry on to subsequent requests for help.

Note that I will stop taking requests if I get too long of a backlog; I am a busy person and also have my own BL projects to work on. I won't always charge for mods I make either, especially if you can teach me something in return, like how to properly texture and create complex collisions for bricks, and I'll still continue to make mods in my free time for free.

PM me if you want to order anything!

Keep up to date with your orders through Trello!

click the image

Completed orders

Safe Bricks

City RPG Weapons
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:05:16 AM by Conan »

Looks like filipe got competition

like how to properly texture and create complex collisions for bricks
To texture bricks properly you either need to use General's obj to blb or learn how to do it by manually editing the blb file. Siba also made a brick generator that can properly texture any cubic brick.

To texture bricks properly you either need to use General's obj to blb or learn how to do it by manually editing the blb file. Siba also made a brick generator that can properly texture any cubic brick.
I already use general's obj to blb; i just haven't figured out how to assign a texture type to a face, nor adjust the UV mapping on a side through blender (though i do know how to UV map). I haven't really sat down and tried to figure out the process yet, but if someone requests something that requires it, I will do it.

conan is very smart and very helpful and uh

he is a good person

This service seems really smooth and nice, and the prices are affordable too. I like it a lot. Hope you get some customers because these add-ons are quality.

1 snowboard please I can pay with a firm handshake

I already use general's obj to blb; i just haven't figured out how to assign a texture type to a face, nor adjust the UV mapping on a side through blender (though i do know how to UV map). I haven't really sat down and tried to figure out the process yet, but if someone requests something that requires it, I will do it.

Zeb made a pretty nifty tool to help calculate the SIDE texture for UV mapping here.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:43:22 AM by Metario »

i hope you actually get models done, Filipe has trouble doing that

What about particle/emitter creation?

What about particle/emitter creation?
I can do that - talk to me over PM on what you need. You can see some examples of emitters I've made as part of the XCOM weapon pack and the Laser Range Finder mod. These would be rather cheap, maybe $1-3 depending what you ask for, though it would probably require you to be on the server as I make the emitter so its fine tuned just right.

I've also added a trello where you can view progress on what you ordered and see what I'm currently working on.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:37:31 PM by Conan »

What if I wanted you to take an existing addon, but update/add on to it? What might the price be then?

What if I wanted you to take an existing addon, but update/add on to it? What might the price be then?
depends on additions, but it would be considerably cheaper. to give an example: edit the Stunt plane/list of vehicles  to prevent slayer flag carriers from riding planes: $1. Edit sentry mod to support slayer teams: $3; fix controller so it doesnt freeze players when the sentry dies: $2