700!!!!!!!

wow
59 (42.1%)
yow
48 (34.3%)
now
33 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 140

Author Topic: e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶r̶k̶'̶s day discussion topic i guess [day 1234]  (Read 1367273 times)

What kind of Americans we talking about?
Stereotypical fatass, safety obsessed americans.

in 2014 only 180 people died in bicycle accidents. while 3030 people died that year accidentally falling.
so should we also wear helmets for walking, then?

literally the only, and i mean the ONLY people in this country that wear helmets: first graders that got their first bike and learned yesterday, and sport bicyclists.

false equivalence
every normal person walks to some extent daily
only a small minority bike to some extent daily, and it's often far less time than what they spend on walking

thousands die by my hands and they weren't wearing helmets for it........... explain this donnie

Stereotypical fatass, safety obsessed americans.
no, literally just redditors which could be all kinds of people

I mean I guess it's on you to doubt the safety of biking helmets. you can easily just stop riding a bike or negate that risk almost entirely with a helmet but you can't stop walking, idk why you would even bother mentioning it.
you cant not have a bike in the netherlands
wearing a helmet is social Self Delete, from the age of 8 to like 50

actually. even senior people dont wear helmets. they literally just dont.

only a small minority bike to some extent daily

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_in_the_Netherlands

small minority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLurEnjOeMo
just watch this video lol count the helmets
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:52:52 AM by hootaloo »

wearing a helmet is social Self Delete, from the age of 8 to like 50
Not wearing a helmet is actual Self Delete

Not wearing a helmet is actual Self Delete
man that reddit culture shock seems to be non-exclusive
the only thing left is for someone to post that video of a guy skating down a hill and going "i love helmets"

this is actually a circlejerk on /r/thenetherlands hence why i had those statistics from 2014 so quickly
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:59:25 AM by hootaloo »

as a market investor residing in the netherlands, i'm very unhappy with the rate these bicycle helmets go for

as an insurance salesman in the netherlands, i'm very unhappy with the amount of deaths from bicycles

as a bike saleman in the netherlands, i love this country

Wherever Pie Crust got the idea that Americans are big in safety, I have no idea, safety is disregarded most of the time. Most ride without helmets, motorcycles are required to wear one however

Wherever Pie Crust got the idea that Americans are big in safety, I have no idea, safety is disregarded most of the time. Most ride without helmets, motorcycles are required to wear one however
Emergency exits everywhere, firelanes everywhere, doors only open outwards in case of fire, defribrilaters everywhere, the list goes on and on.

i mean i don't rly wanna be that kinda guy but i was potentially saved from at least a more serious injury by wearing a helmet, i lost control of my bike and had a bit of a crash many years ago and i remember i bumped my head pretty hard on something during it and thankfully i was wearing my helmet so it didn't hurt so much, was still quite hurt everywhere else tho it wasn't so bad that i had to go to the hospital but still bad enough that there was a good amount of blood cus of a buncha scrapes luckily a woman was outside her house right across the street when it happened so she helped me and drove me back home (and i even remember one of her rly young kids saying so calmly "why is he bloody" like it was just an everyday thing to happen just thought that was a funny thing to include)

but anyways well i mean i don't rly freak out or worry too much when i see someone biking without a helmet and i don't doubt that it's normal where ur from but they still nice things to have

idk i think it used to be only available on chrome
huh idk i've had chrome since forever so maybe i just never knew bout it if that's the case oops

Emergency exits everywhere, firelanes everywhere, doors only open outwards in case of fire, defribrilaters everywhere, the list goes on and on.
I get the feeling that's an actual 'culture shock' to you considering you've been to the usa like, only a few times and that's sort of sad

i mean i don't rly wanna be that kinda guy but i was potentially saved from at least a more serious injury by wearing a helmet, i lost control of my bike and had a bit of a crash many years ago and i remember i bumped my head pretty hard on something during it and thankfully i was wearing my helmet so it didn't hurt so much, was still quite hurt everywhere else tho it wasn't so bad that i had to go to the hospital but still bad enough that there was a good amount of blood cus of a buncha scrapes luckily a woman was outside her house right across the street when it happened so she helped me and drove me back home (and i even remember one of her rly young kids saying so calmly "why is he bloody" like it was just an everyday thing to happen just thought that was a funny thing to include)

but anyways well i mean i don't rly freak out or worry too much when i see someone biking without a helmet and i don't doubt that it's normal where ur from but they still nice things to have
pretty much, cycling on roads here with tons of cars is dangerous. I've had a relative die from a biking but that was just from hitting her skull on the side of a curb. no helmet either
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:11:12 AM by Maxwell. »

its almost as if we dont live in a 3rd world country

Oh gee, I guess we should let everyone burn alive inside of a building, I doubt you have to worry about defibrillators due to Argentinians stealing them