Author Topic: Profitopia || Back alive  (Read 16675 times)

You are missing the point... Less than a sixth out of 963 servers are active. Dark RP use to be WAY bigger than this. if you think around 100-ish servers is a lot you are wrong. I've previously hosted/ co-hosted extremely popular 100 slot Dark RP servers and that's even before Garry's Mod 13 (and a little afterward).

Sure my previous numbers were arbitrary and non exact even remotely, but they're about 59,522 active players in Garry's Mod (last 30 days according to steam charts) and only about a 58th of these active players are playing Dark RP. It's all prospective and you clearly threw that concept out the window.
That's loving hilarious. I've played Garry's Mod (it's my #1 most played game on Steam) since 2013 (probably even earlier than this) and DarkRP has always been at the top, same with TTT.
It's never been dead, and it's always dominated the Gamemode's list. As a matter of fact, I contributed to a server back in 2013 called D3vine, that later went down and was revived (more like re-made) as Divinity, and it's still up and always popular to this very day. Some people from the Blockland community actually play on this server too! How the forget would that happen if DarkRP is a dead gamemode? I still have my hours played and etc, it's around 500 on that one server alone. Some people on DarkRP servers have over a thousand and they STILL play. Coming from the perspective of someone who's been on various DarkRP servers and has had Garry's Mod for years, you don't know what you're talking about so please stop talking about the subject.

mf it isn't interesting why do you attempt to play it
So I can have an Unbiased Opinion?
You sound like these guys
Quote from: every stuff fanfiction writer
UGM, U MEEN BULLIE! DUNT LIEK, DUNT REED!

So I can't have an Unbiased Opinion?
You sound like these guys
...no?

your "wait for the money to print out" explanation is extremely oversimplified and misses the other gameplay elements. Base Raiders could be described as "wait for money to print out" but its clearly much more than that. DMs/TDMs could be described as "kill the other team" but there's obviously fun in that for some since people enjoy playing such games.

if you don't like the fundamental aspect of a game, there's no point in voicing your opinion as "criticism," or even at all. in this last two posts you come off as extremely rude and immature.

this thread right now

this thread right now

Yeah guys. Can we please stay on topic?

...no?

your "wait for the money to print out" explanation is extremely oversimplified and misses the other gameplay elements. Base Raiders could be described as "wait for money to print out" but its clearly much more than that. DMs/TDMs could be described as "kill the other team" but there's obviously fun in that for some since people enjoy playing such games.

if you don't like the fundamental aspect of a game, there's no point in voicing your opinion as "criticism," or even at all. in this last two posts you come off as extremely rude and immature.
You Have a point. I am guessing DarkRP is one of those things that when you don't understand how to play, it seems really stuff, but when you understand it, it becomes pretty damn fun and enjoyable. Something similar happened to me with Payday 2

Question: Will you be able to go on a Murder spree, Killing 50 Quadrillion People, then get away by saying "Paying Dems!"?

Question: Will you be able to go on a Murder spree, Killing 50 Quadrillion People, then get away by saying "Paying Dems!"?

no

yes of course

unless you hire a total of one thousand hitmen

Profitopia v0.4

Here are some updates. Also, just:center has been added to the credits since he's been our secondary coder and Panpour, Brickitect, and Binkybadjln are our builders (so far). This is the first update report and I promise there will be more in the future.

• Vehicle dealers that will sell you vehicles such as a Turismo or a limo. (Gif in media section)
  • Jobs have been worked on, registering them is very easy and similar to Visolator's.
  • Pickpocketing is finished, there is a delay of ten seconds and it's considered Larceny (Failing a pickpocket will give you a charge of Attempted Larceny).
  • For admins, you can use StaffChat to talk to eachother. Admins cannot play the game and admin at the same time, it will basically be DarkRP Admin in Duties.
  • Dropping money on Self Delete only gives you 1/4 of it back to you. This will probably be changed to 3/4 unless it's fine with you guys (there will be an unstuck command)
  • You can sell resources which can be used for crafting: Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Lithium, and Iron. Plastic and aluminum can be used for guns, iron for tools, lithium for things that require batteries (was going to add IEDs but forget that Mr. Nobody has a suitcase bomb), and steel for tools as well.
  • Giving cash only works if you are within 25 studs from somebody.

Media

sorry for stuff quality just:center is a loving jew

edit: we added shapenames for everything
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:02:08 PM by Hawt »

how will we make the resources