i loving hate paypal (stuffty sub-par rant)

Author Topic: i loving hate paypal (stuffty sub-par rant)  (Read 3272 times)

a long time ago i monetized the content on my youtube channel, just to earn a few dollars so i could toy around with it and make some money
i didn't get much, but i still had a paypal account

today i had 25$ sitting around for the past week and i haven't done anything with it, so i biked over to a store.
i bought one of those paypal "my cash" cards, loaded it with 20$, and decided to go onto the website to redeem it
now i have never confirmed my information on paypal, because i dont know my SSN and im only 13 years old.
i use it to buy stuff off of newegg or some stuff, and it /begs/ me to loving verify my ssn and information each time i want to add a card or use some prepaid card
so today i finally figured out my ssn because this my cash card page was yelling at me to enter in my information
now i cant enter any year above 1997 or else it wont think im 18 years old, after realizing this after buying the loving thing
so i figure out my ssn, enter in a fake date of birth because i read around about people who weren't checked for their date of birth and that they are fine and it works
so i confirm my bullstuff just to add this card so i can use it and it "fails to verify my identity"
come the forget on paypal can you atleast do me a favor and add the loving FUNDS that I BOUGHT with thE loving CARD that i bought at the store?
nope, it doesn't add the funds
it tells me i now have to send in a picture of my utility bills (which i dont have because i am /13 years old just trying to buy stuff from newegg/) and i now have to verify my identity by /scanning my photo ID, sending my address to them, AND SEND THE loving ENTIRE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER CARD TO "VERIFY IT"/

why is it so loving hard to use a small prepaid card to just buy stuff? thats all i want to do how is this that hard
tl;dr, i bought a card for 25$ that would add funds to my account, i try to verify my identity and cant properly because they have to have every inch of my personal information, and i got forgeted out of actually adding money to the account
so now all i have is this useless plastic piece of stuff that sits on my desk and i cant do anything with it
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:34:48 PM by Maxx° »

you have to be 18 years old to use paypal, so this is really your own fault

Its still a stuff situation but this pretty much

Just give cash to parent and have them order stuff, that's what I did before I had my own stuff

ok but this doesn't explain why i cant even refund the loving thing
it takes me to the home page every time i click on "click here to get a refund"
i'd refund the card, go back to the store and get my money, and move all my funds over to another account but i literally cant refund it
its just a paperweight with 25$ on it now

ok but this doesn't explain why i cant even refund the loving thing
it takes me to the home page every time i click on "click here to get a refund"
i'd refund the card, go back to the store and get my money, and move all my funds over to another account but i literally cant refund it
its just a paperweight with 25$ on it now
well, in five years you'll be able to use it. or get someone else to redeem it and send you the money

well, in five years you'll be able to use it. or get someone else to redeem it and send you the money
it takes a fee for every few months that you dont deposit the funds and it takes it from the card
so im basically forgeted if i cant get someone to redeem it for me

it takes a fee for every few months that you dont deposit the funds and it takes it from the card
I'll do it for a 90% fee

paypal is designed to be linked with a bank account. not sure how old in other places but here you gotta be 17 to set one up, and I think PayPal itself is 18+. so setting up an account 5 years early wasn't a good idea.

also, you're never gonna make money through youtube monetization. all it will do is piss people off when you send them videos. you'll have to be making hundreds of thousands of views to even see dollars.

i'm gonna be able to get one set up in a few months when i can transfer my savings acounts funds into a bank accoujnt.

there's no fee to use paypal dude. only if you are getting revenue through it
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:15:48 PM by McZealot »

I'll do it for a 90% fee
no you'll most likely take the funds for yourself, not going to trust you because i hardly know you
sorry
paypal is designed to be linked with a bank account. not sure how old in other places but here you gotta be 17 to set one up, and I think PayPal itself is 18+. so setting up an account 5 years early wasn't a good idea.

also, you're never gonna make money through youtube monetization. all it will do is piss people off when you send them videos. you'll have to be making hundreds of thousands of views to even see dollars.
i made about 10$ a month so i dont really care

mate forget paypal, just get a visa gift card and put some money you saved up on it

mate forget paypal, just get a visa gift card and put some money you saved up on it
PayPal is fantastic. I've used it a lot (not mine) and they are really easy to use and save a lot of time. Also you can chargeback instantly and give reasons why. PayPal will really go after the collector over it, so if you are buying keys or stuff from ebay its a lot more secure to do it via paypal

they don't have a cost or a fee either. it's like 3% of income collected via it, so consumers are good. don't act like paypal is bad because Maxx is violating the ToS.

sorryi made about 10$ a month so i dont really care
i dont believe you

PayPal is fantastic. I've used it a lot (not mine) and they are really easy to use and save a lot of time. Also you can chargeback instantly and give reasons why. PayPal will really go after the collector over it, so if you are buying keys or stuff from ebay its a lot more secure to do it via paypal

they don't have a cost or a fee either. it's like 3% of income collected via it, so consumers are good. don't act like paypal is bad because Maxx is violating the ToS.
i didnt say paypal was bad, i was just saying forget it because he couldn't legally (is it illegal? idfk) use it

obviously paypal is going to ask for your information because they're trying to prevent any sort of credit fraud, meaning they are going to need your real credentials. lying about your age combined with entering your SSN is going to forget you over in the long run and you'll end up with consequences. buy a prepaid visa/mastercard debit card and avoid using paypal until you know what you're doing with money.