Author Topic: Rimworld - Dwarf Fortress/Prison Architect strategy base builder  (Read 2067 times)

wont make a whole thread on it, but its a great game, can be very challenging (on harder difficulties). its $20 on steam rn but well worth it. has modding support (lots of great mods) and is still being updated.

What do you call employment on a Rimworld?

I've been playing this game for months now. It's an incredible game.

I don't know, but its certainly not being captured by a small group and slowly being dismantled for your parts as you live every passing day in complete agony without any feeling aside from that pain.

$20
it's $30 :(
i'll definitely pick it up soon tho, it looks awesome

This actually really appeals to me, thanks for posting.

Would you say it's a fairly full featured game? I noticed it says it's in alpha, but so is dwarf fortress which I consider to be extremely playable.

I love this game but I don't feel like it's exactly like DF. The loss of your own colonists is a huge blow, whereas as I've seen that in DF the loss of a few dwarfs isn't that big of a deal.

That being said, fun as forget. Buy it.

Would you say it's a fairly full featured game? I noticed it says it's in alpha, but so is dwarf fortress which I consider to be extremely playable.
It is very playable at the moment. This is a dev who does early access right, Tynan is very realistic with his goals. He did a reddit AMA where he talks a lot about his design process. I've heard Rimworld described as "dwarf fortress with an interface meant for humans" and while I haven't played DF, Rimworld feels very much complete.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4tm6i1/i_am_tynan_sylvester_developer_of_rimworld_ama/

The rich explorer is so op

I think I'll probably get it, but I was a little disappointed to see that there are no z-level in the game, i.e. you can't dig down into the ground or up into a mountain.

I got the game a few days ago, absolutely amazing, I love it.

very playable, you can go through the game without feeling like youre playing something thats unfinished. that being said, there are still a lot of features theyll be adding and improving on. for instance, im sure allowing z-level building and mining is something lots of people have requested, and will eventually be added in.

If I can't have my colonists throw floodgates at enemies and have nobles with lamp special interestes then I don't want this game. :y

Wished there was an adventure mode for this tbh.

hehh..... thats a good one