Author Topic: Build stealing.  (Read 4201 times)

Is it possible to make a thing where it alerts you that someone has saved your build? Like, (name here:ID here) has saved your progress.
I think it would help if possible.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:57:55 PM by modman »

Haha, yes, this would be awesome.

I also think that it will help with dedicated servers.

Good idea. 1 way i got around that problem was by building it on a special map that only i have. Some noob actually stole it but it doesn't look too good on slate.

Make an exact replica of slate, except 20,000 units down. No one will be able to load your map in any other map than slate, and if they load it in slate, they won't be able to find it.

or 20,000 units up so all builds fail to load.

OR it could just save who built it when saving...that would solve all of this :D

Unless you gain full trust.. then again, you would simply be able to load it up in single player, no?
Meh, I think this is a good idea, and that brick ownership saving should also be an option.

Didn't Badspot say that you couldn't save brick ownership data? At least not if your the host saving a build and reloading it. I guess if, when you save, it only saves your bricks and those bricks of people you have trust with would be okay. Badspot won't like that though, as he has stated before that he wants people to be able to get builds from whoever.

or 20,000 units up so all builds fail to load.

If you put it 20,000 units up, the map won't load anything, but any saves made from it can definitely be loaded anywhere, they'll just be up in the sky, ready to be moved to the ground with the duplicator wand.

Pretty useless if you are trying to keep people from taking stuff from your server.

Even the 20,000 units in the ground method isn't perfect, someone dedicated enough can use Nitramj's build mover to raise it up through the ground. Someone mentioned you can do it in excel too, but you would need to replace all of the spaces between the numbers with indentations for it to load right in excel, then change them back to spaces when you put it back into a save.

In any case, it would stop most people who are interested in stealing builds, as they probably don't have the patience to do it.

OR it could just save who built it when saving...that would solve all of this :D

You'll be able to open up the save in notepad and change who owns all the bricks, unless they are done through some insanely complicated method.

Badspot

• Administrator
Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes. 

Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay ice cream to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes. 

^ That is how you do it right.

nukes are bad

but the rules of war change when a undeveloped country without nuclear power is at war with one that is.

so its illegal :)
i think

Nuclear Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles?

Wow Badspot, Brining out the big guns....