How to make bunnyhopping more efficent?

Author Topic: How to make bunnyhopping more efficent?  (Read 1774 times)

For some reason whenever I try to strafe and turn bunny hopping loses all momentum down to a crawl.

is there a way to tone down the speed lose/disable it all together?

there is no bunny hopping in blockland

there is the ramp momentum glitch but this is very dissimilar to bunny hopping and can only go in the direction of the ramp slope ie: why you cant strafe and turn because it is infact not bunny hopping, bunny hopping has to do with building up momentum in the air ramp hopping is actually something like building up momentum on the ground and then holding that momentum when going into the air

removing ramp jumping is really easy, simply adding a small delay to subsequent player jumps will prevent them from doing the small ramp like jumps while not affecting their normal jumps
(it's a variable on the player datablock called jump delay)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:47:13 PM by Swollow »

itd be cool if we get something like bhopping

itd be cool if we get something like bhopping

there was the air control player which is really similar to bhopping iirc

there was the air control player which is really similar to bhopping iirc
Isn't/Wasn't there a server hosted by TBP a while ago with the player type? Just throwing it out there if someone wants to check if they have the playertype.

Do you mean surfing?
Yea, I remember it having an incident where someone was caught using speedhacks. I think it was Smooth

there is no bunny hopping in blockland

there is the ramp momentum glitch but this is very dissimilar to bunny hopping and can only go in the direction of the ramp slope ie: why you cant strafe and turn because it is infact not bunny hopping, bunny hopping has to do with building up momentum in the air ramp hopping is actually something like building up momentum on the ground and then holding that momentum when going into the air

removing ramp jumping is really easy, simply adding a small delay to subsequent player jumps will prevent them from doing the small ramp like jumps while not affecting their normal jumps
(it's a variable on the player datablock called jump delay)
i've always thought how you hopped around by holding space was bunny hopping :c

could you induce something that'd make it closer to a bhop or is it impossible with torque?

Do you mean surfing?
Bhopping and surfing are totally different things but usually mixed together

i've always thought how you hopped around by holding space was bunny hopping :c

could you induce something that'd make it closer to a bhop or is it impossible with torque?
I tried to do this with Buddy in every way I could, the project went on for about 2-3 weeks and got canceled because it was impossible on the version of Torque Blockland is using. Sad to say but there's no way you can do this without really well done math or a newer version of Torque.

it was impossible on the version of Torque Blockland is using.

Wrong buddy.

you could probably look at the bhop plugins used in games where it's not really possible (such as tf2) and get an idea on how to replicate it in blockland