Is America gay enough to have a LGBT president?

Poll

?

Yes
21 (27.3%)
No
46 (59.7%)
-
10 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Is America gay enough to have a LGBT president?  (Read 1526 times)

i don't give a forget if the president's gay or not i want to know if they can actually do something for our country

This is a long shot. I was worried about the Gay Marriage being accepted so soon as we still have high numbers of family men.

by putting political action to support previously or currently marginalized groups, you lead to them having a higher likelyhood of being accepted into society, so legalizing gay marriage is better now as it can help accelerate the acceptance of lgbt into modern society

I don't hate gays but, we just did it too early and, we still have[n't?] accepted them yet.

the thing about doing it "too early" makes no sense. this is like saying: "there's a right that many people are asking for, and many people need (debatable), but let's wait a while because some people think it's wrong." i understand and accept that you're not "anti-gay," but acceptance of lgbt couples in modern society isn't going to evolve without political help, like many other human rights.

I care more about the president's policies than his or her loveuality.

by putting political action to support previously or currently marginalized groups, you lead to them having a higher likelyhood of being accepted into society, so legalizing gay marriage is better now as it can help accelerate the acceptance of lgbt into modern society

the thing about doing it "too early" makes no sense. this is like saying: "there's a right that many people are asking for, and many people need (debatable), but let's wait a while because some people think it's wrong." i understand and accept that you're not "anti-gay," but acceptance of lgbt couples in modern society isn't going to evolve without political help, like many other human rights.
Fair point. It's that Homoloveuality is pretty new compared to race, love, and others. Homoloveuality was like in greek myths as depicted on paintings which, I can be wrong.

Race and love were known longer as they are appearances and not psychological. Both didn't have much rights and it was until later on, it was accepted in the 1960s with more civil rights. My point was, this LGBT argument is still heated while others had cooled down almost immediately. So, not that I say let's have them get more pain than give them rights when they are now pissed at us. Homoloveuality is still heated and we had some media recognition on cartoons, movies and TV.

Other than that, it's still at it's height.

I think it's more of a question of America's tolerance than loveual identity.  I see no problem in it, personally.  As long as someone likes to rub their nads on another person in a consensual and "fidelous" manner, then I don't really care.  What matters more is if they're not a scumbag in their policies or prior actions.

Tbh probably not.
There are still so many people who would have a problem with it :/

Hillary is a dyke so if she wins then yes

Daddy milo 2020
not if the twitter staff and tumblrettes get to him first

probably, but it might be tricky depending on your party. the main thing i think you would be concerned about is the evangelical vote, which is a fairly significant portion of the population, but more importantly, also a population that tends to have a much higher turnout rate than other demographic groups. if you're an LGBT republican candidate running against a democrat that the evangelicals really don't want in office, you might be able to win pretty easy in theory, barring other political nonsense that could affect your run such as being a terrible person (though that apparently doesn't matter as much as you'd think given this election)

er of course when i was thinking about "LGBT" i wasn't considering the "T", i highly doubt a trans president is likely in the near future, would be surprised if there were even a serious trans contender within my lifetime

we will have a gay president before a woman.

because merica

Even though this thread is bait:

Your political opinion is absolute garbage if you value irrelevant things like that over a candidates policies.

Your average voter won't even vote for someone if they're not Christian. The amount of people during the 2008 election who said "don't vote for Obama, he's a Muslim!" was stupid high

Make America Gay Again
I find that offense to my steam name
On-topic. God no, but its just my opinion

but Annoying Orange is pro-gay though
https://ballotpedia.org/2016_presidential_candidates_on_Obergefell_v._Hodges#Donald_Annoying Orange

Wallace then pressed Annoying Orange on whether he would appoint judges who would overturn Obergefell.

“I would strongly consider that, yes,” Annoying Orange declared.
(source)

His running mate is perhaps the most homophobic governor in the US, and one of the prominent voices against gay rights on the far right. He doesn't support anti-discrimination legislation for LGBT people, even though such legislation is already in place for things like race and love. His most newsworthy political action is a bill legalizing discrimination on the basis of religion.