Author Topic: Fire Emblem weapon pack?  (Read 1030 times)

Reason I want this weapon pack is so that there is an RPG pack with tiers that are a bit logical to follow (Bronze > Iron > Steel > Silver for physical weapons, none > El > Arc > whatever the silver equivilemt is for magic weapons). How the weapons should be able to work (in my opinion) is that swords are somewhat fast to use, axes are slow but do good damage, and lances need a charge up like a spear to use, bows and tomes using the simple default bow firing method higher tiers make it slower, along with a killer series that has a 1 in 6 chance to do triple damage (critical hits) if possible. If you need for me to go into more detail or provide more pictures, let me know, I'll be glad to help however I can.

I might, might, might be able to do this if you provide pictures.
Can't model, though.

I might, might, might be able to do this if you provide pictures.
Can't model, though.
Just asking, but if you can't model then why would you need pictures?

Also cant there be the classic axe > spear > sword > axe

Also cant there be the classic axe > spear > sword > axe
You mean the weapon triangle, right?
If so that'd be hard to do because in the game (iirc) the triangle just effects the hit chance and maybe the damage a little bit.

You mean the weapon triangle, right?
If so that'd be hard to do because in the game (iirc) the triangle just effects the hit chance and maybe the damage a little bit.
thats super easy to do. you can insert like 3 lines of code to have it detect what type of weapon you and the attacker are using and then calculate extra damage based on that

You can also simulate hit chance by doing a rng check and disabling damage if it exceeds a certain number (ie 95-100 for 95% hit chance)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:50:17 PM by PhantOS »

rng in fps style combat always feels gimmicky and unfair, like no matter how good you are you still deal no damage despite actually managing to hit the enemy. its probably better to just do less damage or at most randomize the damage taken a bit

rng in fps style combat always feels gimmicky and unfair, like no matter how good you are you still deal no damage despite actually managing to hit the enemy. its probably better to just do less damage or at most randomize the damage taken a bit
yeah anticrit works as well

So should we balance the Anima magic (Wind, Fire, and Thunder) to do a similar thing (aka random damage and/or anti edit) to the primary triangle? And if we do, how would we balance bows?
And also on an unrelated note, should the bows have quiver models associated with the item or just use the default quiver from avatar options?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:53:00 PM by Space1255 »

Bows do extra damage to vehicles but do pitiful damage unless the arrow travels a longer distance.

Aka: The more distance travelled= The more damage is done.

I really want a fire emblem weapon pack with the Armads. Or as named by a lets player of FE6-7-8, Armangs.

I really want a fire emblem weapon pack with the Armads. Or as named by a lets player of FE6-7-8, Armangs.
Yeah, having an FE pack specifically for divine weapons does sound pretty fun. I was thinking of weapons that restore enemy HP after battle (like the Cupid Bow) straight-up heal the person hit instead.
And yeah the concept for your bows does sound better to do, but I'd imagine it'd be hard to code. Idk tho

Aka: The more distance travelled= The more damage is done.
Uh... shouldn't it be the other way around? When a projectile flies through the air, it loses velocity, and therefore power and energy, so it should do less damage the longer it travels...

Uh... shouldn't it be the other way around? When a projectile flies through the air, it loses velocity, and therefore power and energy, so it should do less damage the longer it travels...
Yeah, except in the FE universe Bows only do damage to non-adjacent enemies (with few exceptions) so if we're to stay true to this then it'd be the way Crit proposed.