Author Topic: once you got a job, what would you spend your money on?  (Read 4514 times)

the first thing i'll do is to buy that rx480 i've been waiting forever to have since my mom doesn't have lods emone

rims n bitches

I'd probably allocate most of my job money towards a recording studio, and then i'd allocate the rest to advertizing and law stuff so i can get a record label going
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:54:42 PM by PhantOS »

At the current moment, I need to save my money up for books and school stuff, but with scholarships and such, I can pay for a significant portion of my tuition, leaving ~5k left over to pay for.

Obv that's not something very fun to save up for. Ideally, once I have the ability to save for something other than school, I'm going to save up some money to get my firearms license, and I'm going to buy some parts to put together an AR15. I haven't decided whether I'm going to go with a stripped or complete lower/upper yet - I think going with the stripped would help me learn more and be able to more easily fix anything that breaks. I live in a state that has a lot of problems with crime, home invasions, etc in much of the state, so there isn't much reason to not keep at least a handgun apart from political ideology.

ftfy
nono the rimjobs come complementary with the bitches, the rims are for my new whip

nono the rimjobs come complementary with the bitches, the rims are for my new whip
i didn't know that you were into bdsm

i just bought a nice camera

now im just gonna save
i use all my tip money for foods tho

socks
not hats?
who are you and what have you done with doughboy

I have a job. I'm saving most of it for a car and college, but I also use the money to have fun occasionally like going to a baseball game.

build my own high-end computer
so sick of this amd processor

frfr I'ma just end up putting all my money into my car
Get it from this

Into this

If we're talking about when I'm older then a nice car and a house, probably a new pc once I know I have enough money for everything like bills.

If we're talking about right now, then some nice new jackets and other clothing, along with a new pc.

I went back over the calculations to check a "best case" scenario. Let's assume I get given the CEB opportunity and they get me working in 2 weeks. That means there's only 47 weeks of taxable salary in this year.

My total earnings would be $49,712 of the total $55,000 salary.

Total Income Tax + Medicare Levy = $8697.64
Weekly Salary = $1057.69

Weekly Tax Savings = $185.06
Weekly Rent = $150
Weekly Bank/Phone Surcharge = $7.5
Weekly PC Loan Repayments = $65
Total Weekly Bills = $407.56

Total Weekly Savings = $650.13

Because I don't need to pay the FEE-HELP loan repayment (you only start repaying that once you've earned more than $54,800 in a year), I get an extra $100 to play with. This is again assuming I don't get a pay-raise, that I do start in two weeks, that my rent costs don't go up, that I don't start paying for food or other bills and that I don't gain income from other places (such as Ubisoft/HP contract work).

I'm also assuming that super is on top of the $55,000 and that the job doesn't pay commissions. If Super is included I will earn less in the year (but pay less tax), and if I do earn commisions I will likely earn enough to require paying the FEE-HELP repayment fee.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:34:51 PM by McJob »