Author Topic: Battle for Wesnoth - GREENLIT  (Read 1145 times)

Battle for Wesnoth has been greenlit. This is something I couldn't even hope for! This is the game of my childhood, my now, my forever. Developed as a free-to-play game by a handful of random devoted people, this game is a diamond in the rough.

Turnbased, strategy, high-fantasy, glorious, co-op, campaign, internet, mod-able awesomeness.

I'm a bit lazy to pump out some megathread of some sort, but I just wanted y'all to know about this.

https://www.wesnoth.org/

The game has a devoted fanbase and it is constantly developed, compared to other games *cough cough*. The fact that is was greenlit in less than 4 days speaks for itself.

Oh wow. I used to play this all the time years back on linux. It was one of those games I just came across while browsing, ended up being really really good, though a bit bs in some situations. My brother and I spent dozens of hours on this game, I can't believe it's gotten this far, I am impressed. I'll end up re-downloading the game now. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh yeah, mods made this game huge. In-game browsing was a neat feature that really helped keep gameplay fresh.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:30:27 AM by Tophat2 »

I remember this, it used to come in cereal boxes that had a cd with a few games and this was one of them

It is cool to see that it's still developed. Came across this game first when I was below the age of 10. It came with a magazine. Forgot about it later on until I started to browse the internet more frequently in high school. I thought it was a game that died, just as it had in my memory lmao, but wot it was still under progress and pumped out new content and patches frequently.

I love the lore and the music, gameplay can also be kinda addictive though frustrating at times seeing it's more or less based on luck. (percentage luck) Other than that, the strategy is cool. The use of different factions and the terrain.

There's a lot of campaigns, both classics and player-made. And you can play it online, but ugh people are often too good for me heh.

I've had the game on it's own for months and had no clue it was coming to steam, that's pretty cool.

Ahh I remember this game. Used to spend hours upon hours in this game. Me and my brother had some really funny moments with this game as well.

I remember this, it used to come in cereal boxes that had a cd with a few games and this was one of them

Wait really? That's pretty interesting

Would anyone care for a game? :)

wait holy stuff green light that's amazing

this game is awesome and has some truly awesome story lines and developers
i love the style of the game to death, just sad theres not as many campaigns as i could wish for. a lot of the mods don't stand up to the base game quality either sadly though of course there are a number of excellent exceptions

if i wasnt so into blockland, id have been a contributor to this game instead, im sure of it

:D

yeah I fell in love with the game, love the lore and stuff, and different cool units and man idk this game just does it for me even though it's simple

I think I'm just gonna download it and play through the campaigns again.

If truth be told I've only done a few, including the sort of main campaign.. the rise of wesnoth one or whatever it's called gets too hard from what I can remember

Wait really? That's pretty interesting

yeah in finland some kelloggs cereals and others im sure, came with cds that sometimes had one specific game demo or a collection of free games, this was on one of the collection cds that i think my friend had and i had some puff the fish and desperados wanted dead or alive demos that were really fun to mess around with even on the single demo level, best part was that the cheat codes worked with it :D

oh the late 90s, early 00s

actually looked it up and desperados is now on steam, im so getting that man

even found a really small img of the type of kellogs i got it off
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:09:52 PM by Anybody »

Yeah! Desperados man is the stuff I had the demo too when I was young. I got it on GoG a month ago. It runs smoothly at some times but then it goes into crazy slow lag. Idk what's happening so it's unplayable :(