Author Topic: VR games  (Read 2395 times)

im curious: how many of you actually have used vr before stating these opinions

cause i can tell you from firsthand experience i was "meh" about vr until i actually got a chance to use one for more than 5 minutes and i can tell you it was pretty damn cool and fun and feels like it has a ton of potential for growth. plus actually moving around is infinitely more engaging than moving a mouse + tapping keys on a keyboard.

i personally like space pirates best, but i didn't get a huge selection of steam games to try out. i found space pirates fun cause of the not-too-sharp difficulty curve, and the style of the weapons. i do admit it probably gets boring after extended gameplay though; a lot of these vr games are like that it appears since you can't really move around too much.

im curious: how many of you actually have used vr before stating these opinions

Oh were you going to loving send me a Vive or something?

but cant AAA games of the future use mouse and kb and let me sit in the chair with the headset?

why do i have to be standing on my feet with those 2 stupid wiimotes.
thats the stuff im worried about.
because its just the motion control fad all over again, the headset didnt change the types of games at all. being able to look around dosnt change gameplay.

but cant AAA games of the future use mouse and kb and let me sit in the chair with the headset?
That's what the Oculus Rift does

words
Yeah, watching videos on youtube does not do VR justice. It looks OK on videos, but actually being in the game is intense. Also if you have any multiplayer games you should totally add me on steam.

why do i have to be standing on my feet with those 2 stupid wiimotes.
thats the stuff im worried about.
because its just the motion control fad all over again, the headset didnt change the types of games at all. being able to look around dosnt change gameplay.
There are both games that require m+kb/controller and games that use the vive controllers. Most of the games make use of your room, that's where the "Room Scale" comes from. You actually walk around your space to walk around in game, and then for areas bigger than your room you teleport or use standard motion.

The library of VR games is actually really large. A lot of games are small $1-$10 indie games, but a lot of those indie games are way more enjoyable than some of the bigger releases.

Showing off your Vive is also really fun, everyone who tries it is blown away.