Author Topic: [PLAYER] Cinematic  (Read 5452 times)

Cinematic Player (v1.1)

Much less cinematic, however, does put some new stuff on the table.
Sprinting, and some dramatic stuff..
That being the music that plays just for you when you're about to die (GASP)

• Uses the same sprinting code as Boom's Dogfight player with a few modifications.
  • If you sprint and use up all of your energy, you will not be able to sprint until the bar is full again.
  • You cant sprint with an item out. This is to fix conflictions with items that use right-click.
  • Delayed jump and lowered jump height.
  • Going 25hp or below causes you to enter a "danger state" that plays dramatic music until you've healed yourself.
  • Danger state also causes your screen to turn red, with the border fading in and out rapidly. The screen also progressively shakes more, the longer you bleed out.
  • You will slowly bleed out until you're finally dead in "danger state," this can only be stopped by healing above 25hp.
  • PREVIEW VIDEO

DOWNLOAD
Player_Cinematic.zip
721kb

CREDITS
Boom for the sprint script. The rest is on me. Some help by Conan, though. This is basically baby's first addon.
Are you pro at coding and have any ideas on how to improve the script? I probably made some mistakes here and there, or things I didn't think about that can break the mod. If there's any improvements I can make, anything I can cut, etc. just tell me.  Especially since this was made in a few hours.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:11:45 PM by Arekan »

Instead of not allowing them to sprint with a tool out, why not forcibly put their tool away when they sprint and then take it out again after?

Instead of not allowing them to sprint with a tool out, why not forcibly put their tool away when they sprint and then take it out again after?
I would do that, but I don't think that'd bode well with weapons like the complex weapons where rightclick pulls the slide back. I'd have to check for specific weapons every time they go to sprint, and then there'd be some weapons that don't support it.

OH MY GOD YES! I was looking for something like this. Im probably going to change the song used to the one that plays in King Kong the game one, for the hurt sound. Awesome addon btw :D

Another quality add-on, nice one!

the red doesn't go away when you die and respawn, but it does go back to normal when you let yourself get to critical health and heal back up again

the red doesn't go away when you die and respawn, but it does go back to normal when you let yourself get to critical health and heal back up again
Thanks for the catch. I didn't notice this because I was using Swollow's vignette health add-on during testing. Fixed.

uhh does this come with the footstep sounds? because i currently already use footstep sounds and it'd be weird to hear double mismatched footsteps.

what music plays when you are bleeding out

uhh does this come with the footstep sounds? because i currently already use footstep sounds and it'd be weird to hear double mismatched footsteps.
No.

what music plays when you are bleeding out
It's from Metal Gear Solid V.

I'd recommend you steal the 'crippled' code from Swollow's tactical player, so fall damage is  a little more dramatic, and I'd also suggest you add a jump delay (I believe it's a required variable, just usually set to 0) so that players can't ramp-jump around the map and break the cinematic feel.

and I'd also suggest you add a jump delay (I believe it's a required variable, just usually set to 0) so that players can't ramp-jump around the map and break the cinematic feel.
already a thing

This is fantastic, nice job!
I like the whole bleeding out thing.

holy, this addon makes things so much better