Author Topic: Running the Steam version of Blockland under Wine  (Read 635 times)

I have recently switched to Xubuntu 16.04 and would like to attempt to run my legally owned copy of Blockland with Steam authentication, if possible, as opposed to buying another key and playing it with a non-Steam client. I have thought of clicking the "CD Key" link on the side of the window to acquire the key I had before switching it over to my Steam account, but have found, much to my disappointment, that the said option does not display. I have also taken the liberty of using this script to manually create an app-manifest to force Steam to install Blockland (it wouldn't do so under normal circumstances and I would get an error like this every time), and yet I have found, similarly frustratingly, that the .exe files were not installed with it.

If I could either run it under Steam normally (as is preferred) or acquire the original key before the Steam switch-over, I would be very much appreciative.

Thank you.

if you have a windows computer you could try downloading it through steam there, and then copying it over to Ubuntu
i'm not sure how well it'll link with steam though

is it possible to run steam on wine as well, and then install it that way?

is it possible to run steam on wine as well, and then install it that way?
This isn't optimal but I've done it before and it does work.

If you want to recover your old Blockland key, all you need is access to the email address that was first used to purchase it. https://blockland.us/keyRecovery.php