Author Topic: Feminists realize that their word is bad and now want to change it.  (Read 3388 times)

bet that if tony was russian he'd get his info from leninist.net

how much you wanna bet this suggestion are inspired by that queens song?

bet that if tony was russian he'd get his info from leninist.net
if he was a memer he'd probably get his info from memenist.net

I respectfully disagree. I'm never going to seriously consider a feminist point of view because at the end of the day it will never directly benefit me or anyone I care about. Call me stubborn or an starfish, maybe it would have been different back in the day when the movement meant something. It's different these days because there are no stakes, nobody's on the line and engaging with a feminist of any shade always ends up with me on the defensive just because I'm a dude.

My post was about a middle ground where there's less shouty and more people saying things that make sense. It doesn't mean I agree with feminist ideals from time to time but it means I don't go on a crusade against feminism like Tony seems to enjoy
I was more trying to lend credence to your position with what I said - basically I was trying to recognize that even people I'm politically aligned with, whose ideals I agree with, might go about discussion or getting new information in a bad way. Often that can turn people from engaging in political spaces.

Given what you've said about your experiences I don't see anything wrong with your stance.

I was more trying to lend credence to your position with what I said - basically I was trying to recognize that even people I'm politically aligned with, whose ideals I agree with, might go about discussion or getting new information in a bad way. Often that can turn people from engaging in political spaces.

Oh yeah then I misinterpreted what you said. I'm all for encouraging non-toxic political discussion. And when I mean non-toxic to those who wince at the use of the word toxic, I mean without the personal attacks or childish retorts. At some point I noticed that the side I "was on", since it's a futile gendered argument where there's only two sides, was just as bad as the other side with all the childish antics. Once the mask of professionalism had the excuse to disappear both sides started exchanging insults and slurs like it was their duty, it just got old. It's loving dumb, for lack of a better definition. It's tiring to watch grown-ass adults act like children and it's even more tiring to watch them get absolutely nothing accomplished. No lines in the sand, no compromises, no agreements or respectful disagreements. Just a huge waste of time.

That's why I started to not like feminism, because of the aforementioned childish antics, the "Us vs. them" mentality, the scapegoats for all of society's problems. Turns out that's not a trademark of feminism, but rather a trademark of dumb people who front political movements.

He's only ever worked at Walmart and has probably never even stepped into an office.
I would be genuinely surprised if he even owned a suit.

You must be fun in your office cubical.

Do you sit around the water cooler telling HILARIOUS office jokes all day to your fellow co-workers?

Do you sit around the water cooler telling HILARIOUS office jokes all day to your fellow co-workers?
what do you call an starfish in a chair
my boss

feminism is cancer and inherently flawed can we just gas the feminists like we did with the Jews or would they call that loveist
are u ok there buddy

or you know
working???

feminism is cancer and inherently flawed can we just gas the feminists like we did with the Jews or would they call that loveist
I'm pretty sure that'd be more than loveist

if he was a memer he'd probably get his info from memenist.net

if he wanted to learn how to make new wave music he'd go to synthenist.net

I'm pretty sure that'd be more than loveist
no causing genocide is loveist obviously

i hope you realize this is one writer that proposed this term, and not the whole group

why champion, cunt suits the movement better