Author Topic: Small Project Idea  (Read 1585 times)

So, I'm getting bored and I want to do something in Blockland. Off of that, I also got one week (from today) left until school starts back up. Building phase should be finished by October and roleplaying phase should be fully finished by November/December if all players participate.

So basically, the premise is that I'm making a "Roleplay" that is completely story-driven based (no make up crap) that is set in the modern world. The catch is that players who have officially registered (I'll get into that in a moment) will be completely axed off from the story if they die. This means that every action a player makes will be vital to how the story unfolds. Now, you may be thinking "wut how". That's exactly what I thought when it popped in my head.

To make this work, I will make a passworded server (might change, but it's so no randoms will come in and screw everything up). You will first have to go to a forum topic I will make (in the future) and register your character's name, bio, and personality. That topic is where all of the action happens. Think of it as a HUB. I will update it with story details, who died and who didn't, the setting right now, and then there will be a discussion on what the community thinks should happen next. This all happens in "chapters". I will plan on hosting a "chapter" of the story every week so that there is plenty of time to flesh out and catch up. I want this to be a roleplay in which it has an end. Not a roleplay in which it's dragged along its knees while being beaten to the pulp over and over and over.  

I'm currently writing the story right now, finishing up Ch. 1. (I got an award for my book project last school year so I'm pretty sure you guys will like my story :]). If you want to add or change anything in the story, go ahead. I will upload story details next week. If you would like to give me ideas, please consider doing so. I need all the help I can get.

EDIT: fixed context that messed up the premise of this
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:48:10 PM by JBlitz404 »

shoot, my bad. Accidentally posted this somehow while typing. Fixed now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:01:53 PM by JBlitz404 »

rp servers done right, i like it

This sounds absolutely amazing! I'm all for it when you're completed.

this sounds really interesting, i'd love to join when you have it up

honestly this sounds like a very good, structured idea. rooting a server to a topic and passwording it ensures organized, disciplined roleplay. I would gladly participate in something like this. keep us posted.

honestly this sounds like a very good, structured idea. rooting a server to a topic and passwording it ensures organized, disciplined roleplay. I would gladly participate in something like this. keep us posted.
Sure will do. I'll make a new topic next week for the story details. I will be posting a introduction to the environment and all. After that, I will link up to one of the chapters to see if you guys like it.

Did someone say Good, well structured, officially added characters, with a clear ending?

Sounds fun!