Author Topic: [SS]KINEX brick spammed Mocheeze Dedicated  (Read 8430 times)

I would like to alert everyone to a d*ckhead in the blockland community called [SS]KINEX. Right now he's filling up the Mocheeze Dedicated server with blocks, ie. making huge towers, putting bricks in houses, on streets, etc.

I've found that the [SS] guys are usually pretty nice, but this KINEX guy is an absolute tool. He dresses in a brown scout hat with a tri-plume and dark blue body with a bright decal. If any admins see him I suggest you ban him on-sight, so as too prevent any damage to your server.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 11:08:32 PM by plank »

This probably isn't kinex i'm guessing it's an imposter. I've only met Kinex a few times but from what I saw he was a pretty nice guy, I highly doubt he would spam someones server, or do anything like that.

Yeah, I just saw the damage, I started to delete it all, but I decided to just close the server, since it was saved anyway. Someone wrote "POLICE RULES" and changed the school to the "Police Hideout". Someone may be trying to frame the police clan, or it could just be that the police clan is dumb enough to leave stuff behind saying how they wrecked a build.

Oh well, I guess some people just can't stand to see others have fun. Now, which one of my admins left "Build Through Bricks" on?

it was funny to once see a <CBC> Leader imposter come on... He came RIGHT ON MY SERVER. Funny thing too, I changed my name to <CBC> Mallet for some fun, I asked for admin pass, he was like "you can do that"

it was funny.

Well i dont know about that but i did lag the [SS] server once beacuse of one member's ignorance. Well 2 times

Let me assure you that the [SS]KINEX you saw was an imposter. My goal is to stop things like this in blockland, not create them. I also rarely build or even stay long on servers other then my own and the only time I have even gone on Mocheeze's server was a few weeks ago.

<Derail> I am deeply hurt to hear Ratty that you have damaged my servers in the past. If you feel however that the problem that caused you to damage them can be corrected by my help, please instant message me. </Derail>

Same thing happend on my server, but he went by the name, "Neo", and had an I.P. starting with 4.

That was Gobbles. He's mad at me, so he's taking it out on you guys, spamming your servers.

I've also had this "neo" spam my server with 2 other attempts in this day only!

Due to this major problem and the high amount of Noobs* I have shut down the [Scattered Space] Public server until further notice

*- The definition of "noob" in [scattered space] reffers to someone who does not follow the server rules, is rude, non-responsive or non-cooperative.

I think I know how to Stop he Brick Spam (It Has on off Switch)
Mkae A Scripet so if some one Builds more then 10 bricks in 5 secs it will kick them or the Admin can chose the time?

:cookieMonster: I once thought of that, but I build very quickyl sometimes so I just didn't say anything. Actually, I was just thinking of a flood protection thing. But kicking them! That's how to do it. With flood protection n00bs can just sit there spamming slowly, and since it's so slow, people might not notice. Good idea, yes, very good.  :cookie: for you.

I think I know how to Stop he Brick Spam (It Has on off Switch)
Mkae A Scripet so if some one Builds more then 10 bricks in 5 secs it will kick them or the Admin can chose the time?

You'll be wasting your time doing that...

:cookieMonster: I once thought of that, but I build very quickyl sometimes so I just didn't say anything ...

Timed building is not the best overall solution to the problem.  It is a good start and is necessary for the best protection, but if you try too hard, you'll soon end up kicking anyone who places more than one brick.  It would be really bad if you had to rejoin the game every time you wanted to place a brick.  In fact from a message Rititundo sent me:

Quote from: Rititundo
Yeah, I was banned by the extra security measuresments, as was wedge and a few others ...

This kind of stuff shouldn't ever happen.  It doesn't need to.

I've been talking to Rititundo about the problem.  I should have a solution that will end brick spamming once and for all by Saturday.

EDIT:  Fixed minor spelling error.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 10:23:13 AM by BlueGreen »

@BlueGreen, whatcha expect of a fix that was made in 30 minutes. Its rough around the edges but does the job.

@All, I have a few ways of fixing this that i'm discussing with the rest of the RTB Crew. So far, they may work fine.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with.  Maybe a combination of ideas might work if they turn out to be compatible.

hmmm, if they are doing this with scripts, and I understand scripts right...
Simply change the script disabling so that it disables ALL console commands, except those purposely built in by RTB or the person who's admin at the time. That would mean that things such as jet(); and commandtoserver('skeleme'); would work, but what ever script the TBM scum are using will be blocked.

If this is completely off, don't laugh. I'm not a codemonkey.