Poll

Do you wear shoes when entering someone's house?

Yes
28 (37.8%)
No
46 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Do you guys wear shoes when you enter someone's house?  (Read 2937 times)

I've rarely been to a house in the uk where people don't take their shoes off.
Come to my house. We have a shoe-basket, but we don't always take our shoes off when we get in. We don't insist on visitors taking shoes off either, but people can take them off if they want.

When I go to other people's houses I don't always ask, but follow the lead of whoever I am with.

The only time I don't wear shoes is when I'm in bed or I'm in the shower. My steel-capped boots and my runners are my life. There's only one house in the entire world where I'll take my shoes off, and we had a fight to the death over it.

People always look at me crazy when I invite them in and they ask "Shoes off or?" and I go "Are you loving nuts? You do whatever you want man." I don't get it. This crap-shack is full of dirt anyway, so it's not like you're ruining anything.

I take them off at the same place my bud takes them off

The only time I don't wear shoes is when I'm in bed or I'm in the shower. My steel-capped boots and my runners are my life. There's only one house in the entire world where I'll take my shoes off, and we had a fight to the death over it.

People always look at me crazy when I invite them in and they ask "Shoes off or?" and I go "Are you loving nuts? You do whatever you want man." I don't get it. This crap-shack is full of dirt anyway, so it's not like you're ruining anything.
I suppose if you never take your shoes off you also never have to check for spiders.

if the shoes are clean at the soles, then depends on the family. if dirty, then they're always taken off. my parents don't care if i walk around in my shoes when im at their place because they know i always keep my shoes clean, but otherwise they would advise against it. i have friends whose families wear shoes indoors at least 2/3 of the time, and other families who will kick you out if you don't take your shoes off outdoors before coming in

But isn't it uncomfortable to wear shoes all the time? It feels so much better with them off.

if im at someones house and they wear their shoes, i keep mine on unless they got all stuffty or something

otherwise i take my shoes off

But isn't it uncomfortable to wear shoes all the time? It feels so much better with them off.
this is subjective
also why would you wear uncomfortable shoes
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:08:34 PM by Daswiruch »

I don't even wear shoes in my own house so no
my socks are all nice anyway

I just don't really like wearing shoes. I mean it's better than not wearing them, when it comes to outside, or something, but you know
I also REALLY don't like to not wear socks. the only time I ever spend more than ten or so minutes without them is when I'm showering, or during the time between showering and putting my socks on

and etiquette wise, nobody's gonna be upset with you for taking your shoes off if they don't. but they might be upset with you if they take their shoes off and you don't
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:12:08 PM by Foxscotch »

Would generally rather have shoes in contact with flooring than sweat-soaked socks or athlete's feet walking around. If they got mud or whatever on them, just wipe them off real first.
Ya I'd rather have dirt and dog stuff trailing on my flooring instead of some bare feet too.

Perhaps they're pinky-extending tea-sippers or something.
Shows what you know, raised pinkies are bad etiquette too.

"My house is already dirty," is a stuff excuse for wearing shoes in the house too. Pro tip: clean your loving house.

Totally depends on how well I know the family/owner and what their position of it is. I have a friend with whom we usually hang out with in his bedroom basement, I'll usually remove my shoes when we get down there, but they don't care. At another friend's house I usually remove my shoes just cause I want to, even though they don't really care. I have another friend where taking off your shoes is a big deal. I don't usually where shoes inside my house.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:17:21 PM by Georges »

I have never, in all my life, been to a house where I was expected to take my shoes off, nor have I ever been to a house where the residents didn't wear something on their feet, be it shoes or slippers. And to the people going on about how "shoes indoors = dirty floors"; have you people never heard of wiping your feet on the doormat? I have never once tracked dirt into someone's house and all I do is wipe my feet properly, nor has a visitor ever tracked dirt into my house for the same reason.

i've never had to remove my shoes before entering someone's home wtf. the only time i take off my shoes at someone's house is if they're someone i'm comfortable around, like family or close friends