Author Topic: LangScripts Chat Client  (Read 2872 times)

First up, you may or may not have been to my last letter-replacement add-on page, https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=301168.0. Since then I've been building a bunch of other scripts, so Xalos built a framework, Client_LangScripts, with which one can have as many of these scripts as they want without worrying about them glitching on top of one another. Below are the currently completed scripts, as well as the LangScripts client. You'll need the client in order for any of them to work.

Note: If you have the original Klingon Client and don't want any more, you're good. If you want to install more scripts, you should probably replace the Klingon client with the LangScript version as well as installing the LangScript client itself.

CREDITS: Xalos, for doing all the scripting, making poly-letter glyphs and flexible rulesets possible. I did the actual glyphs (Well, others invented the scripts, I just remade them into Blockland).

DOWNLOAD THIS FIRST!
You need this to make anything below actually work.

Client_LangScripts

Klingon, as seen in my last add-on. There are, of course, no clientside changes.
KLI: --- :KLX
LangScript_Klingon

Daedric, from the Elder Scrolls (Dragontongue script still in the works, folks!)
DAE: --- :DAX
LangScript_Daedric

Aurekbesh. Theoretically, if you can read this, you can read anything in the Star Wars universe. Theoretically.
ARB: --- :ARX
LangScript_Aurekbesh

Mando'a, another Star Wars script from a little known language from the planet Mandelore.
MDO: --- :MDX
LangScript_Mando'a

Srilermorna, a lovely arabesque script for Lojban, the artist's conlang where Esperanto is the logician's.
LSR: --- :LSX
LangScript_Srilermorna

More to come, please stay tuned...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:13:27 PM by Remousamavi »

Ooh, cool!

Any chance you'd add Mando'a? It'd be a great way for me to work on my vocabulary.

Stay tuned for a few new scripts to come in a day or two.

Would you mind adding any Lojbanic scripts like srilermorna or zbalermorna?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 11:44:59 PM by Johnimiester »

Would you mind adding any Lojbanic scripts like srilermorna or zbalermorna?

I'll give it a try - the first of those two I can't guarentee will work out, but I've been wanting to try a cursive script just to see how it went. Whether the glyphs will connect smoothly in-game I don't know.

Srilermorna and Mando'a have been added!

Note, while Mando'a is yet another general reduplication of the Roman alphabet and has exact corresponding letters, Srilermorna is much more complicated and challenging and has its own set of quirks and rules you have to follow to make it not glitch out. These are included in the add-on which should be visible as "INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE"; read that before you use it.

Next on my list: Hylean, Zbalermorna, Dragontongue script. I've also been experimenting with an ambitious jaunt at Hanzi (Chinese characters) but don't expect that any time soon.