Badspot is going to take over the world with a battle robot

Author Topic: Badspot is going to take over the world with a battle robot  (Read 23493 times)

baddie you should enter in battlebots

he could make some sort of toy, and crowdfund it up.
i dont know how played out that whole thing is, but i would buy it lol.

All he's gotta do now is make it vacuum

you cannot fight what you cannot see clearly
kind of relevant since badspot's making a spinner:
ICEwave did something pretty neat with its spinning bar in that they painted the edge of it a similar color to the floor of the arena, so when it gets up to speed it looks a lot shorter than it actually is. I'd imagine that would make judging your distance from the bar to be pretty difficult.

kind of relevant since badspot's making a spinner:
ICEwave did something pretty neat with its spinning bar in that they painted the edge of it a similar color to the floor of the arena, so when it gets up to speed it looks a lot shorter than it actually is. I'd imagine that would make judging your distance from the bar to be pretty difficult.
wow that's clever

The final aluminum version will have this, but you can't really press bearings into acrylic. 

If you can afford it, Lexan polycarbonate is extremely good for being both lightweight and strong. Plus, it has enough plasticity that you can press bearings into it, but I probably wouldn't rely on it for a super powerful bond. We use it for a lot of custom-shaped plastic parts, one of my favorites being a sliding battery box all made out of one sheet of folded polycarbonate.

I'm the leader of an FRC team, so robotics stuff is my thing.

you should name it Betelgeuse

Rollin' around: https://badspot.us/Robot-Drive-Test.html

Can you please make your videos able to play on iOS devices? I can't see your creation either due to the format or something idk.

holy forget it spins really quickly
Can you please make your videos able to play on iOS devices? I can't see your creation either due to the format or something idk.
it's a webm

Badspot

• Administrator
No wonder. I don't think it supports webm.

There's also an mp4 source which the browser should fall back to, but it probably doesn't.  The hot new trend is to break video playback in your browser at least once every few months.  Really speeds up adoption. 

Try viewing the mp4 directly https://badspot.us/img/Robot-Drive-Test.mp4