Author Topic: Duracell's VGRP: Bans me before I ever join.  (Read 2989 times)

/support

I hate ban reasons like this.

I am actually a friend of Kibia at the moment. The issue that occurred here was induced by severe stress and the inability for me to control such a simple situation. I am entirely at fault here, and I can't deny that. But I'd like to clear that we are no longer at aggressive ends with each other, and the situation was resolved. Sorry for causing trouble like this.

This is why whenever I ban someone from my server I always link to a thread on the forum that justifies why they are banned (eg. the person's drama thread/banworthy post). If I don't link one it's because of something they directly did on my own server that's supported by chatlogs and screenshots.

Why do people ban users who have never played on their server? Are you that self-important that you think your banning of people for reasons beyond loving with your server is going to convince them to stop doing things you don't like?

My rule of thumb is to not ban people unless there's beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're only here to cause trouble. The only statement you make by filling your ban list prematurely is that you're a judgemental handicap who gets offended easily

Why do people ban users who have never played on their server? Are you that self-important that you think your banning of people for reasons beyond loving with your server is going to convince them to stop doing things you don't like?

My rule of thumb is to not ban people unless there's beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're only here to cause trouble. The only statement you make by filling your ban list prematurely is that you're a judgemental handicap who gets offended easily

I'll be sure to ban Duracell from my server.

Also banning people because they did a thing on somebody else's server takes effort. If you're fine with wasting that effort then good on you. Half the people on your ban list would have never joined your server anyways and if they did, there's a pretty damn good chance they weren't going to repeat the behavior you supposedly banned them for.