Author Topic: [VIDEO] Halo 5: Forge Mode on PC  (Read 1650 times)

Can't wait, even though i probably won't be able to run this at all :panda:

But hey, Halo 5 is finally getting an actual file browser!

finally
forge on console was super hard but this should make it much easier

with this and forza horizon 3 on pc maybe my life will finally have purpose

finally
forge on console was super hard but this should make it much easier

Not only easier, but more robust, detailed, and clean. The ability to manipulate coordinates and rotation to the degree is an extremely useful feature.

I can barely watch the video because his every swallowing-of-spit is captured on mic like it's an ASMR video.
Looks good, though.

Not only easier, but more robust, detailed, and clean. The ability to manipulate coordinates and rotation to the degree is an extremely useful feature.
yeah the new stuff and added precision is gonna mean we're getting some loving sweet maps

Going to be honest, Forge pales in comparison to the old school HEK, especially in so far as that OpenSauce lets you make custom campaign maps and you can create entirely new characters, weapons, vehicles and so forth. It's great for messing around and making some basic stuff, but ideally when making maps I want some real power ala Source's Hammer or Gamebryo's Creation Kit.

It's a start, but all I really want is to be able to play through the entire Bungie-series of Halo games on the PC. I'm really not into Halo 4/5 at all.

Eh. They're probably only releasing it for Windows 10, which is a shame. I don't let that stuff on my hard drive anymore after the whole "windows update deletes Linux partitions" thing.
Still cool that Halo 5's engine runs on a PC. Maybe after the release of Halo 6, they'll put the whole game on PC.

Maybe after the release of Halo 6, they'll put the whole game on PC.
Yeah, just like how we got Halo 3/4/MCC on PC

:panda:

Yeah, just like how we got Halo 3/4/MCC on PC

:panda:
Halo 3 got pretty close with Halo Online

Halo 3 got pretty close with Halo Online
Yeah, but doesn't that also include some assets based on Halo 4, has in-game purchases, still Russia only, still beta(?), still probably never being finished, not going to be approved by 343?

They ripped Halo Online a long time ago to make a free to play (and mod) version for global.

It should now be available on the app store as well as the Halo app

I'm downloading Halo 5 Forge, but i don't meet the requirements for video memory, so this should be interesting :cookieMonster:

Yup, tried to start a custom game, and as expected, the game completely crashed and closed down right as the opening cinematic started, so it's definitely not a good idea to try and play this on a potato

There is also currently no option for 1366x768 resolution, which i find a bit weird, but whatever
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:35:44 PM by Masterlegodude »