Expanded print gui

Author Topic: Expanded print gui  (Read 911 times)

Mr.Noßody suggested that it's time for a new print gui, and I agree, so I whipped up a concept image and thought up some ideas.

The current one works, but it's too restricting and gets very disorganised with a lot of prints.

Here's what I came up with (this is an edited image and is being used to show my thoughts visually, i don't know how to make functional guis)

Some ideas for what a new print gui could do:
- Allow a print of any size to be put on any print brick, I recall this being possible and an older add-on doing this.
- Separate the different print sizes into tabs, being more organised. Should add arrows to the gui like the tab shifting brick selector addon.
- Categorise them by the add-on.zip they're in, appearing more like the brick gui.
- Allow the user to resize the window by dragging the corner/edges, or at least make the window bigger.

This should give players a lot more power while being way more organised than the default gui.

Would be amazing if this were made.

There's an add-on that lets you use any prints you want
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=254061.0
Oh wow that even separates the sizes into different pages!

That's awesome, though it's only half of what I wanted.

Would be very useful if we had these:
- Categorise prints by the add-on.zip they're in, appearing more like the brick gui.
- Allow the user to resize the window by dragging the corner/edges, or at least make the window bigger.

Because there's still the problem where you'd have to search through a ton of prints for a specific one in a disorganised mess.