What new map should I attempt to make/finish

Grassy outdoor hill map
ROBLOX Glass Houses
DOOM 1 e1m1 Hangar
DOOM 1 e1m2 Nuclear Plant
DOOM 2 map13 Downtown
City skyscraper roof map
ROBLOX Ultimate Paintball

Author Topic: Deathmatch Gamemode v25  (Read 67217 times)

How do you get this to work properly? I downloaded it and all the offical maps, but it keeps on telling me it cant load maps. Also, when i host it im the only one who has any guns.

I downloaded it and all the offical maps, but it keeps on telling me it cant load maps.
You probably didn't unzip the maps into your add-ons folder. Look inside the official maps zip and place the DeathMatch_ addons into your add-ons folder.

Also, when i host it im the only one who has any guns.
This could be related to the maps not working for you. Maps can specify their own weapon loadout, but the lack of a map could screw this up entirely.

I've released an update that is on par with FASTKarts v9. Most of everything on my bucket list has been fixed and now I'm very happy with the gamemode.

v24:

Removed Where Am I achievement

Death-related achievements should now be fixed (if they were broken)

Finally fixed teammates being able to incur knockback on each other

Left-handed revolver doesn't play the weapon switch sound anymore. This is to be consistent with akimbo guns and other weapons

Added new rocket launcher variant/clone: Slow Rocket Launcher
- It's a red rocket launcher that fires a slow rocket and has a very long recharge time
- The rocket does very high damage, and can destroy larger bricks
- Meant to replicate Roblox's rocket launcher

Removed cheap playertypes pref

Spawn inventories will now be cleaned
- Duplicate items (spawning with 2 guns) will now be cleared
- Empty slots between filled slots (slot 0 has item, slot 1 is empty, slot 2 has item) will now result in the later slots being shifted up

Removed Devils Shotgun achievement

Treasure achievement now works with maps that have only one chest (before it would grant the achievement for collecting all chests and ONLY that)

Integrated Modified Modter

Baseball Bat uncharged attack now shoots from the player instead of the weapon's tip

Chainsaw now has slighly longer range

Added support for Science and Futuristic themes (they both use the music of space/space_ship/galactic themes)

Wrench uncharged attack now shoots from the player instead of the weapon's tip

Can now change if achievements are displayed in chat

Map changes:
- Roblox maps now give players Slow Rocket Launchers, usually in place of the cannon launcher
- Satanic Church has a less intensive vignette

Added 3 new songs:
- INCOMPETECH_-_Darkling
- HOTLINE_MIAMI_2_WRONG_NUMBER_-_Technoir
- HOTLINE_MIAMI_-_Musik_2

v2.1L:

Added proxy for slow rocket launcher added in v24 of main version

Restored deathmatch version global variable. It is now displayed in /help

i love ur dedication to this keep it up man

you should add more weapons, the slow RL was a neat idea

you should add more weapons, the slow RL was a neat idea
The gamemode is already pretty bloated as is. I really only made the slow rocket because I wanted a weapon that replicates ROBLOX's rocket launcher better, and the cannon launcher was way too op for that purpose. Though I am open to ideas, if there is a specific weapon you think would make a great addition to the deathmatch gamemode, then feel free to speak your mind.

The gamemode is already pretty bloated as is. I really only made the slow rocket because I wanted a weapon that replicates ROBLOX's rocket launcher better, and the cannon launcher was way too op for that purpose. Though I am open to ideas, if there is a specific weapon you think would make a great addition to the deathmatch gamemode, then feel free to speak your mind.
well, more themed weapons would be nice, the only real weapon that fits space themed builds is the disintegrator

well, more themed weapons would be nice, the only real weapon that fits space themed builds is the disintegrator
I was actually thinking of something like this! I remember back many versions ago I was looking for futuristic themed weapons but there doesn't seem to be very many space themed weapons that are default-styled.

I was actually thinking of something like this! I remember back many versions ago I was looking for futuristic themed weapons but there doesn't seem to be very many space themed weapons that are default-styled.
well i can make semi decent 3d models, so i could maybe help?

i came
i saw ultimate paintball
i came again

v25:

Added /download command

You are now told to check the /download command if you have no maps loaded

Gamemode is now playable without any map, the Beta City map is loaded by default. You will still get messages about needing to download maps, though

Removed Ephialtes' Shotgun, it's a nice and nostalgic item but it was weird having two shotguns
- All instances of the shotgun appearing in maps will be replaced with the old school shotgun

Removed Kaje's Sniper Rifle, it's a nice and nostalgic item but it was weird having two snipers
- All instances of the sniper rifle appearing in maps will be replaced with the old school sniper

Reorganised gameplay prefs a bit

You can now disable players spawning with kits, printer rays, and shotgun rays in randomised rounds

Removed blockhead ray and blockhead shotgun. It was a good concept but in practice, never used

Randomised loadout pools have been cleaned and rebuilt

The gamemode now creates the music datablocks by itself!
- A musicless version is no longer necessary! If a music file is missing, the gamemode will automatically go into musicless mode.
- You can now specify a custom music path using a pref. Your music folder will no longer need to be cluttered!

The big thing about this update in my opinion is the music stuff. Now I don't need to make a whole separate version of the gamemode for people who don't want music. I've also removed a few weapons that I felt wasnt very fitting, and made it so you could further remove things via prefs!

Also because of the music changes, the Blockland Glass version is the FULL, LEGIT, MAIN VERSION. No more musicless nonsense!

d
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:52:53 AM by Crispy_ »

This gamemode is long overdue for an overhaul. I'll likely mess around with it after or during the development of the next FASTKarts version.

I'll probably scrap a lot of the features from the gamemode, specifically the themes, as they feel a little over complicated and unnecessary. Music would still be random, and I could probably have it loaded from the custom gamemode like FASTKarts does, would give server hosts a lot more control over what music they want playing.

I'll probably add some form of gameplay config setting that maps can mess with, forcing basic no-jet player gun + sniper gameplay, or a full out randomiser-style setup. This would give map makers more control, actually letting them build maps based on expected gameplay. The server prefs that allows hosts to force round types will probably be removed or reworked. (instead of forcing round types, force maps that allow that round type)

I remember when I used to host this gamemode, most maps would be hilariously horrible to play in when you enabled randomised rounds. This would be a way to work around that, with most maps being standard default-style gameplay. ACM City would probably get this treatment, grapple platforms would probably have forced grapple ropes as well.

Speaking of randomiser, I'll probably make it easier for hosts to execute custom weapon add-ons, and actually add them to the pools.

Thoughts, ideas?