Brock Turner (BL_ID 50131) - DDoS attack on a server.

Author Topic: Brock Turner (BL_ID 50131) - DDoS attack on a server.  (Read 2454 times)

I was playing on a Halloween server, and a player named Brock Turner joins and DDoS attacks the server.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Jemin

I was playing on a Halloween server, and a player named Brock Turner joins and DDoS attacks the server.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Jemin
All he did there was put a command into the console

reconnecttoserver(1);

How much lag does a single player frequently reconnecting actually cause? I've seen a few people calling them DDOS attacks now - is it actually comparable?

How much lag does a single player frequently reconnecting actually cause? I've seen a few people calling them DDOS attacks now - is it actually comparable?
no

I think Omar Mateen (50069) and Brock here are the same guys, since they have an ID in close range to each other, and they both spammed reconnections to DDOS a server, so...

This was my server and it was actually lagging the server quite a bit to where I had to close it. Is there any way to counter it?

Here's a cropped console to when he started joining.

I've tested what I believe the method these people are using on my server, I didn't lag at all.
Though that's just with one client, with multiple it might have the potential to bring down a server.

This was my server and it was actually lagging the server quite a bit to where I had to close it. Is there any way to counter it?
this is a script that visolator made to counteract against many of the functions of client_trolling (the script used to connectspam)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t93zbs8mi76yvu3/Script_AntiTroll.zip?dl=1

if the guy is using what i think he is this will automatically permaban people with the script that join

damm young buck this like the 3rd time your server been attacked what going on

this reatard just forgeted up my server, as "Kabrother". as i am typing this my internet is painfully recovering. he managed to take down my server.
i have a slight feeling it was tronx, since he said he was going to DDOS my server, though i realise he probably wasn't serious. but i mean, he was there when kabrother joined.
relevant console.log bits (basically when tronx joined until server died)

this reatard just forgeted up my server, as "Kabrother". as i am typing this my internet is painfully recovering. he managed to take down my server.
i have a slight feeling it was tronx, since he said he was going to DDOS my server, though i realise he probably wasn't serious. but i mean, he was there when kabrother joined.
Tronx wouldn't do it. The IP changed as well, and unless Tronx dedicated a second computer (or a vm), he wouldn't be able to change it without his authentication failing

this is a script that visolator made to counteract against many of the functions of client_trolling (the script used to connectspam)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t93zbs8mi76yvu3/Script_AntiTroll.zip?dl=1

if the guy is using what i think he is this will automatically permaban people with the script that join
Actually, the version does not do anything about spamming IPs. I just updated the file, it now detects IP spam. (I have also added a couple features such as connection messages showing BL_IDs and admin statuses)

i said it as a joke and then left shortly after

Badspot should really revoke this DDoS'ers