Author Topic: checkHoldingBall and onHoldingBall events?  (Read 1681 times)

/title
Basically a set of events that checks wether someone is holding a ball or not and if it is some events happen. Is this possible?

Yes it's possible.
I might do it later today if no one else has.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:09:29 AM by jes00 »

Yes it's possible.
I might do it later today if no one else has.
I'm going to butt in and ask that you make it a vce output player variable instead of its own event please

I've noticed tons of requests for events like this and we already have an event system made for it

b-but vce is

bad
a a
dab

there is nothing wrong with vce. what's wrong is having several input events that are only checks when there's already vce which allows the addition for the exact same thing

other than it can create console spam and crash servers

Better yet, something to implement checking the UI name of the currently held item of the Player with VCE would be nice.
That way it'd serve this purpose along with others that may come up in the future.

other than it can create console spam and crash servers
the errors which can be easily fixed and i have yet to see vce crash a server unless you mean someone spamming it which honestly if you're afraid you cant 'moderate your own server correctly then don't bother using vce.

the solution should not be to abandon vce and have several unneeded events.

Better yet, something to implement checking the UI name of the currently held item of the Player with VCE would be nice.
That way it'd serve this purpose along with others that may come up in the future.
that's a great idea

I'm going to butt in and ask that you make it a vce output player variable instead of its own event please
Why not just make two versions?

That's already a variable with VCE. It's <var:player:currentItem>

Exactly. We don't need it to 'be made with VCE' if it's already there.

A separate event would be nice for people who don't use it.

Does it use UI names or datathing names?
A separate event would be nice for people who don't use it.
It'd also be nice for people who don't know how to have like 17 checks for score, flags, n whatnot in one brick while having multiple onVariableTrue/False events.
But srsly how does that work

Does it use UI names or datathing names?
It uses ui names (has to be exactly the name), example: "Hammer " (remove quotes), for some reason the hammer has a space at the end; another example: "Rocket L." (remove quotes)

You can also do something like this in code $uiNameTable_Items["name of item"], it'll return the datablock it goes to, which is an item

It uses ui names (has to be exactly the name), example: "Hammer " (remove quotes), for some reason the hammer has a space at the end; another example: "Rocket L."
its weird how they have a space at the end
thankfully i knew that some ui names have spaces at the end so i figured out why my piece of code wasn't working due to the space at the end that involved checking the UI name for the jeep several months back