Author Topic: [NEWS] local blocklander gets triggered by [NEWS] tag  (Read 6581 times)

while that's the purpose of drama, i'd imagine something more concerning would be better to make a topic over
and now i've come full cirlce, questioning my own complaints
who and what determines what is worthy or important enough to make a drama topic over?

and now i've come full cirlce, questioning my own complaints
who and what determines what is worthy or important enough to make a drama topic over?
well some of it falls under common sense, and the rest would probably be things that many people are expressing concern over

this is the first time i've seen anybody complain about the news tag

[NEWS] should be used if it's considered news
1000 topics about what hillary or BLM did today isn't news worthy. if we were all interested we would keep tabs on it alright.

well some of it falls under common sense, and the rest would probably be things that many people are expressing concern over

from this logic half of the drama board shouldn't exist like holy stuff

drama's are made for people's complaints about the forum, it doesn't matter if two people are upset about it or everyone is

this is the first time i've seen anybody complain about the news tag

maybe you should try reading the forums once and a while, because I've seen tons of complaints about the "news" tags not being "news."

[NEWS] should be used if it's considered news
1000 topics about what hillary or BLM did today isn't news worthy. if we were all interested we would keep tabs on it alright.
you've just given a great example of why we shouldn't use the news tag

drama's are made for people's complaints about the forum, it doesn't matter if two people are upset about it or everyone is
you'd think that something actually concerning would be worth posting about

but ok i guess drama's don't have to matter to a relatively decent amount of people? sure whatever you say

either way it's just my opinion

maybe you should try reading the forums once and a while, because I've seen tons of complaints about the "news" tags not being "news."
firstly, rude

secondly, the only complaining that i've seen related to news wasn't about the tag specifically, it was about what was posted on the topic
such as what freek was saying

meaning, not directed toward the usage of the tag

you'd think that something actually concerning would be worth posting about

it is concerning

just not to everyone

the only complaining that i've seen related to news wasn't about the tag specifically, it was about what was posted on the topic
such as what freek was saying

meaning, not directed toward the usage of the tag

but the kinds of topics with [NEWS] are usually stuffposts? therefore the tag is associated with the thread too

moreover, what Freek and Das have been saying make total sense - don't use the NEWS tag for everything unless it's important

To be honest, I don't really have problem with it, but I do think it's stupid that people are putting this [NEWS] tag on a thread when isn't even loving news.

but the kinds of topics with [NEWS] are usually stuffposts? therefore the tag is associated with the thread too

moreover, what Freek and Das have been saying make total sense - don't use the NEWS tag for everything unless it's important
well i mean, some news topics i've seen use the news tag correctly and others still use it correctly, it's just that the content within it is not really news worthy (it's mostly debatable)

either way if they used [news] in the title or not, the content itself is stuff

from what i've gathered from the op, i assumed he just didn't like people using the news tag, not whether people are actually posting good news content or not

well i mean, some news topics i've seen use the news tag correctly and others still use it correctly, it's just that the content within it is not really news worthy (it's mostly debatable)

either way if they used [news] in the title or not, the content itself is stuff

from what i've gathered from the op, i assumed he just didn't like people using the news tag, not whether people are actually posting good news content or not

ah I get what you mean

sorry for being a richard about it

my issue with it is that people are using it willy-nilly and tagging non-news as news but also because it's useless to tag news as news because people can easily figure out if it's news or not

my issue with it is that people are using it willy-nilly and tagging non-news as news but also because it's useless to tag news as news because people can easily figure out if it's news or not
but actual news being tagged with news can be easier on the eyes when searching for news threads

but actual news being tagged with news can be easier on the eyes when searching for news threads
but isn't that worthless if you're not interested in the topic beforehand?
i read every topic that i'm going to click on and determine if i'm interested or not

but isn't that worthless if you're not interested in the topic beforehand?
i read every topic that i'm going to click on and determine if i'm interested or not
well it's sorta like highlighting stuff

it shows you what exactly to read instead of going down the list of threads

of course you'll still read those threads' titles to see if they're stuff news, but at least you don't have to read every thread title

idk man that's just me, i find it helpful

Who would specifically search for news threads on the blockland forums though? If anything the news tag warns people not to visit that topic.