So people at work are worried we might get shot up

Author Topic: So people at work are worried we might get shot up  (Read 1923 times)

Welcome to another of one of XR's colorful situations. In this episode, the crazy abusive husband of the line cook has threatened my general manager and claims to have an automatic rifle.

Basically, the usual morning line cook/assistant manager has this husband, and he seems to think that his wife is apparently in a homoloveual relationship with my general manager (far from the truth lol) and doesn't take no for an answer. The situation escalated rapidly when he showed up at Hardee's in their white Dodge Dakota and stood in the parking lot yelling threats at the GM and his wife while waving his arms and making gestures in front of customers. After that incident, my GM contacted corporate and the restaurant had a restraining order filed against him so that he couldn't legally access the property anymore.

Not long after that, he dropped his wife off at work at around 5:00AM one morning and we saw the white Dakota down the street at an old foreclosed restaurant lot, just facing Hardee's. He was still there in the same spot just watching us until we noticed he was gone around 9:00AM. He apparently knows that he can't come inside without the police getting involved.

So now he's sending his equally disturbing guy friends out to spy on his wife and the GM incognito. The thing is, they aren't very good at going unnoticed. We caught one of them making throat slashing gestures at my GM on a security camera before sitting down with food. One of the other managers, as she was taking food to tables, overheard him talking about having an automatic rifle while he was discussing with another of his friends about the restraining order, but because it's all hearsay, we obviously can't use it as concrete evidence to get something done about it.

Since then, cops have been showing up every once in a while, which never used to happen. They tend to buy food and act normal but it seems that they're also wary that something may or may not happen. My manager told me while we were in her office that she's not as worried about herself being in danger as she wants to help her friend, she'd be "more concerned about you or one of the other employees getting shot/hurt/killed in any confusion".

shoot the place up before he can
simple as that

shoot the place up before he can
simple as that

The solution was right under my nose all along.

if you do donuts around the building you can create a smoke screen and the shooter won't know where to shoot

Bring a bigger gun

Hold on isn't automatic stuff really hard to get

Bring a bigger gun

Hold on isn't automatic stuff really hard to get
Not in Missouri, XR's state.

ask the boss to get more security or something wtf

Find a good spot to hide when stuff goes down

ask the boss to get more security or something wtf

I mean we have like 7 cameras recording 24/7 and there's almost always a police car sitting on the highway median right outside my drive thru window

Well if he tries to shoot you all just shoot him with your car

Automatic fire is really impractical, semi-auto dominates in literally every way

Oh gosh, be careful. That doesn't sound safe.