Author Topic: Cliffside House - The Mancave  (Read 9149 times)

Cliffside House
The mancave

Introduction

Hey, I've finally somehow finished a building. Shocker right? I have been active and inactive throughout several years now but have in 2016 gotten a bit of new taste for Blockland. For everyone wondering who this fool is, I am the founder of the building group called Cohort and have over the years taken part in many big projects (mainly together with my right hand man Sylvanor) such as Blocko Seattle, Utopia City and the Default Laboratories. Oldcigarettes such as myself better know me as Sleven, if my forum name confuses you. In my noob days I was a big force to be reckon with on Diggy's MetropolisRP, member of the building clan Colleagues and commonly recognized dude. Furthermore I am a regular on Barnabas' rare/rad servers, brother to the old coder Mctwist and creator of the first butterflyknife-only TDM. So, now that you've read all this trivia let's get into the build.

Synopsis

As you're scrolling down to gloat at the pictures you may be thinking, "what is this stuff, I read all of this for this simple house". I'll give it to you, it is in fact a very simple house but let me tell you what I like about this building. It's clean and maybe even bland, but it got shape and character. Not kitschy excessive shape, but just multiple boxes arranged in a neat way. As a matter of fact you can even count how many boxes the house actually consist of if you want to. You could call it the "lazy man's house" if you'd like, because man I'm lazy and I have a short attention span. I like details but I don't like working with details, at least not on a bigger scale. I could spend a whole day talking about all the little things in this house that I really enjoy but I don't think you're really that interested, so ultimately I'll just let the pictures do the talking even though they don't make it justice. Honestly, I created this as a sort of home I could consider living in. A "mancave" of sort.

I know there is a lot people may dislike about this build, one thing being the colors. There are in fact some things that I regret, or that I wish I had done differently but in the end I think I've emphasized on the the focal points to create an attractive entity. Or at least, singularity.

Pictures

There's a lot of them. Drag them to their own tab to see them in full resolution. It's a wide mix of different environment settings, so it's not as cohesive as I'd had liked.

Link to the imgur album

Add-ons

Not sure, but here goes.

-1randombrickpack
-4x4f Printplate
-4x4fPrintplateC
-BlackdragonIV
-LegoCrates
-PoleAdapters
-PrintPlatesCeiling
-VerticalPlatePack

Final Word

I would like to keep an open dialogue in this thread concerning the building. Criticism should be constructive and properly motivated to create an educative and healthy environment. I really enjoy making these clean modern residences and will probably make a new one with the same theme but different characteristics. I also consider creating my own take of the Predjama castle which is a very neat and inspiring piece of architecture.

Finally I'd like to apologize for taking this small "project" with correspondent thread so seriously. I was just in a mood to write some proper english, as I am rarely obliged to do. Let's hope I at least get past the first page. Cheers.

..and I will release the save if anyone cares
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 05:13:12 PM by Ladle »

wow that's really nice
..and I will release the save if anyone cares
yes pls

Looks like some stuff from LA

I love it tho 10/10

neato and nice thread i really like how it blends into the landscape so well

have my babies this is heavenly

I'd totally live in a house like that if it were real (and didn't make me bankrupt)

totally cohort!
epic build i really like it!

also, ANT approves :PPP

tad too cubey for my liking, but otherwise really amazing.

very nice! its rare to see a decent modern home.

As soon as i saw this it reminded me of this https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251914.0

OT: This looks nice as hell

Strangely enough, I really wanna make some type of 'escape the house' game-mode with this.