Author Topic: Fallout Heerlen map  (Read 2274 times)

Hey all,

I will keep it short. I think that everyone knew Lord Tony's map Fallout. Last year some idea's popped up to rebuild my home city into a fallout map. The development began quickly and so over the past months I've nearly finished the map. It has been made for Blockland Classic Mod, a v0002 standalone mod. Too bad that the interiors and maps were removed in Blockland Retail, it would have been amazing how this could have been turned out with lots of players doing RPG or DM'ing in this map. Imagine this map with all the useful Add-ons that Blockland has to offer like vehicles, bots, weapons, etc.

The story in this map
Welcome to Heerlen, a small city with a population of 89.382 people in the South part of The Netherlands, Limburg. It was July 2018 when the Ukraine crCIA began to burn like fire. By mistake, Russia began to destroy NATO ammunition warehouses. NATO responded with shooting back at Russian and Rebel forces, but that very same day, Russia invaded the Baltic states pushing hundreds of miles into Europe.

Quickly a electromagnetic pulse was detonated over NATO headquarters in Brussel, causing a massive destruction and chaos to the West Europe's infrastructure. America and NATO respond back with electromagnetic pulse bombs over parts of Russia, East Europe, Ukraine and China. Then the air raid sirens were raiding the skies, everything went quiet after that white flash and loud dull bang bounced through the skies for hundreds of miles.

It's 2056 now, Heerlen has been abandoned like many other cities over the world after World War III. It is time to go to the surface and see what is left of the city.

Let me know what you guys think of it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:51:24 AM by Antares »

wow this is nice
i imagine it's pretty neat making a map based on your city

wow this is nice
i imagine it's pretty neat making a map based on your city
I have been living here since my birth. I know every street out of my head, Heerlen isn't that big. There are 89,000 people living here. If there was a better software then Torque Constructor I would have made a 1:1 scale of the city. Here is some more of the place where Heerlen is located. You may recognize the Maankwartier in this Fallout map near the train station.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:34:05 PM by Antares »

legit

making me nostalgia hard for good maps

legit

making me nostalgia hard for good maps
I wish that Badspot made two Blockland clients. The current one with shadows and shaders, the other one version 20.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:59:38 PM by Antares »

But Heerlen is in Limburg so it's practically already a wasteland.

I wish that Badspot made two Blockland clients. The current one with shadows and shaders, the other one version 20.

That would cut the playerbase in half and cause a lot of drama we shouldn't have