jitank is back

Author Topic: jitank is back  (Read 50084 times)

forget your feelings. That's not to blame why people don't succeed.
They tried that forced self esteem bullstuff since the early 80s and it hasn't worked yet.

You are unaccomplished because you are no good, not because others are making you feel bad.
on the contrary, the US is not the meritocracy everyone believes it is. just because you work hard doesn't mean you will get anywhere, given how things are set up. when college is expensive as forget, healthcare doesn't exist for the masses (in the way it does in EU nations), and the average pay of the lower 95% of the population is like $25-30k a year, you don't really have many options other than trying to scrape by, and even that is hard enough.

is 95% of the US really "no good"?

and the psychological impact of your environment does affect your outcome significantly, but you can't really complain about it since complaining wont give you back those years of abuse. all you can do is just try to overcome it and find a definition of success that you can achieve and be comfortable with.

Well let's see, 1% of the US is super rich.

The other 4% is moderately rich.

So yes, the other 95% is no good.

if you're working hard enough then none of that stuff matters lol

Well let's see, 1% of the US is super rich.

The other 4% is moderately rich.

So yes, the other 95% is no good.

Why aren't you part of the 4% yet?? Don't talk to me about socioeconomic policies until you're making six figs you donut...

on the contrary, the US is not the meritocracy everyone believes it is. just because you work hard doesn't mean you will get anywhere, given how things are set up. when college is expensive as forget, healthcare doesn't exist for the masses (in the way it does in EU nations), and the average pay of the lower 95% of the population is like $25-30k a year, you don't really have many options other than trying to scrape by, and even that is hard enough.

and the psychological impact of your environment does affect your outcome significantly, but you can't really complain about it since complaining wont give you back those years of abuse. all you can do is just try to overcome it and find a definition of success that you can achieve and be comfortable with.

Not sure what you are replying to.
Nowhere did I imply that you succeed by working hatd. Only that others do not hold you back.

25-30k is a stuff amount of money? maybe for a family but if you aren't handicapped you can easily live on 14k a year, even less if you're smart but let's get to smart.

you don't succeed by working hard, everybody "works hard"
working hard is literally nothing more then an excuse to bitch and whine about how everything is rigged against them.

25-30k isn't a lot.

Not by today's standards.

25-30k isn't a lot.

Not by today's standards.
never said it was a lot, said it wasn't stuff either.

remember guys: this is post tax, these people are taking home around 22-27k income home.

never said it was a lot, said it wasn't stuff either.

remember guys: this is post tax, these people are taking home around 22-27k income home.
it isn't stuff depending on where you live. in california you're under the "poverty" line if you make $60k pre-tax cause living costs here are that high.

anyways this is admittedly slightly irrelevant since this is inequality as a whole, not black inequality or something so can we let this go back to the topic at hand.

black people are just chemical reactions dont worry guys

It's funny that most of you will respond to me but not Sevenths rant. I wonder why that is...

Seventh isn't an annoying SJW

It's funny that most of you will respond to me but not Sevenths rant. I wonder why that is...
because Sevenths isn't a moron.

I do not tend to post much on the forums but I just felt that clearing some things up would be nice.

The whole movement isn't bad, there are just select groups of people starting stuff and the media likes to cover only this.
As for the people who BlackLivesMatter are fighting for, I agree and disagree to an extent. I feel as if the movement tends to forget the actual 100% proof cases in which blacks were incorrectly killed or treated by whites. For example, it seems as if there were no protests about the father of four who was so very obviously abused while trying to get his car repaired just last weekend. Instead, what was covered was another police killing that didn't have as much evidence.

Oftentimes I believe people do not look at the big picture and put the pieces together. There are good and bad things to every movement, idea, creation... etc. We are almost always only told the bad because that's what gets the media corporations views and money.

Another thing I would like to point out is directed at Jitank. If you want something to happen, stop trying to force your beliefs on those of an Internet forum and get out there and do something.

Overall, I have both good and bad views of the BlackLivesMatter movement. I just felt like stating my opinion so that people could consider what they have been told.

Now, I'll leave you with a pressing question that surprises even myself. We all can probably name at least two leaders of the civil rights movement... but can we even think of two that head the BLM movement?

^an actual well thought out post to an actual issue that will actually get ignored by people who think blm is run by Riddler

Seventh isn't an annoying SJW
But hes saying the same thing I am which goes against your arguement. Only difference is he elaborate way better. You all still havent countered his arguement.

I try to attend as many peaceful protest as I can.