XR plays cop and crashes a late night drinking party

Author Topic: XR plays cop and crashes a late night drinking party  (Read 2883 times)

Hoo boy the situations I get myself into.

Woke up this morning at 4am. Wasn't sure why, but something didn't feel right. I checked my phone (which I literally never do in the middle of the night, but for some reason I did) and I found two missed calls and a text from my crush/best friend. The calls were time stamped at 2:57am and 2:58am, right after the other. Wondering what could be going on, I text her asking what's going on. She quickly responds asking if I can come pick her up. I ask where and if she's drunk, but don't get a response right away. She finally calls about 5 minutes later saying that people are getting out of control and she's getting bullied and things are escalating.

Obviously concerned, I ask her for the address. She doesn't know so I ask her of anyone else at the party knows. I hear her asking around but people are being difficult and not giving her straight answers. I get a new idea and ask her to enable location services on her phone and open Google maps and send me screenshots. She's lost on what to do, so I walk her through it over the phone via call and text. I start to hear noises upstairs in my house from people stirring by the time I get her screenshots, so I sneak out the back door wearing only my old shirt, sweats, and socks that I slept in and jump in my car. After some technical difficulties with Google Maps, I take off down the road in her direction. Lo and behold, my phone lights up.

It's my dad. I ignore the call. And the next call. And the next call. And the next call. Finally I send a text telling him that I'm in a situation and that I'm driving and that I'll call him later. He flips out telling me to call him right away. I don't,  since I'm trying to keep my line open to my distressed friend plus use GPS at the same time. After repeated calls, my dad calls my work trying to get information (I'm due there at 6am), but they know nothing either and before I know it my manager is calling me too. I text her a condensed version of what I'm doing and she asks me to be safe but takes my answer.

After driving through flooded roads with water going up to the 3/4 mark on my wheels, I come across a house in the floodplains up on stilts with lights on and teens and young adults climbing all over and around it. A strange sight at 4:30am, I figured I found the place. Approaching it while I dashed through the flooded muddy road, the place went up in panic seeing my approaching police car in the dark.

I quickly call her and tell her to get outside and I spin my car in a circle in an empty yard, drive passenger door side to the house, she jumps in, and I take off down the road. She tells me the place both inside and out went ballistic seeing my car approaching.

Finally I decIde to answer my dad's calls. With one hand on the wheel, the other on my phone while I maneuver through the dark back roads on the 19 mile trek to her car, I get grilled, belittled, and threatened for a 75 minute long phone call. My friend starts getting friendly with me and we cuddle while I drive and talk simultaneously.

I ended up one hour late for work, but it didn't matter. Everyone revered me as a knight in shining armor for my actions. Except for my parents, who have promised that this ain't over yet, so here I sit waiting for grilling session #2.

I'd do everything over again if I had the chance to choose wiser actions. I probably made one too many poor decisions but when a scared girl, especially one I care about, needs help my logic just goes out the window.

Wait what exactly were your parents upset about?
What you did was a little crazy, sure, but it sounded like your friend really needed the help and you made the right choice.

Also it's funny how much of an effect your police car has lol

XR seriously you sound like an awesome person to be friends with lmao

This

Also do you mind if you tell us what your dad was so angry about? If it's personal then you don't have to tell us.

My parents are pissed mainly because 1. I left the back door unlocked when I snuck out. 2. Because they think I put my friends' needs ahead of theirs and they don't think I'd do the same for them if they were in jeopardy. 3. Because I put myself into a non-Christian and potentially dangerous situation and they don't think I can adult without them.

My parents are pissed mainly because 1. I left the back door unlocked when I snuck out. 2. Because they think I put my friends' needs ahead of theirs and they don't think I'd do the same for them if they were in jeopardy. 3. Because I put myself into a non-Christian and potentially dangerous situation and they don't think I can adult without them.
ur parents are cray
we should live together

no homo tho

yea if he wants 2 get in ur pants XDDDDDDDDDDD

also
this is sounded loving crazy.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:28:34 PM by cooolguy32 »

2. Because they think I put my friends' needs ahead of theirs and they don't think I'd do the same for them if they were in jeopardy.
why tho

I quickly call her and tell her to get outside and I spin my car in a circle in an empty yard,
Like, literally? Did you damage the yard?

that sounded like one hell of a night lol
good job my dude that was really cool of you to do

3. Because I put myself into a non-Christian and potentially dangerous situation and they don't think I can adult without them.
So it's un-christian to be a good samaritan?

IMO the only bad thing you did was text/phone while driving. And I'm also gobsmacked that your parents were happy to have a phone call with you while you were driving.

why tho

Because I act way more friendly and social at work and when I'm out than at home

Like, literally? Did you damage the yard?

You always try to nitpick and single out problems in all of my threads lol

So it's un-christian to be a good samaritan?

IMO the only bad thing you did was text/phone while driving. And I'm also gobsmacked that your parents were happy to have a phone call with you while you were driving.

I repeatedly told my dad over text (I stopped my car for all my texts btw) that I was driving and he kept insisting I call him right now, but I had an important mission and wasn't going to waste time talking to him while who knows what happened to my friend.