Ban players on death for a certain period?

Author Topic: Ban players on death for a certain period?  (Read 2768 times)

+1 for this not being a good idea.
Just use a long respawn time, that way they can at least continue chatting.
But let the player use a freecam or something, don't just lock them to their corpse
I think the point is that they don't see chat and are unable to see the game in order to make it more immersive.

IMO it would be better to make something like the CRP jail scripts, and also hide all chat messages except for chat between people who are jailed.  It spares the server reloading time, potential ban time, and still keeps things somewhat immersive.  When they get teleported away to a "dead zone", you, the host, has freedom to customize this area—AND admin exclusions are not mandatory, but can be implemented in a more flexible manner.

I think the point is that they don't see chat and are unable to see the game in order to make it more immersive.

IMO it would be better to make something like the CRP jail scripts, and also hide all chat messages except for chat between people who are jailed.  It spares the server reloading time, potential ban time, and still keeps things somewhat immersive.  When they get teleported away to a "dead zone", you, the host, has freedom to customize this area—AND admin exclusions are not mandatory, but can be implemented in a more flexible manner.
This is actually a far better idea.
+1 for this not being a good idea.
+1?

Won't be a good idea. I remember some server a while ago based on Sword Art Online banned you for a whopping 24 HOURS when you died. Let's just say that the server didn't last long at all.

I would like a mod that perma'd people on death, so I could host a server like pecon did last halloween. When the monster got you, you were perma'd and that made death a lot scarier. I'd clear the banlist after the server was done tho

I would like a mod that perma'd people on death, so I could host a server like pecon did last halloween. When the monster got you, you were perma'd and that made death a lot scarier. I'd clear the banlist after the server was done tho

So that's why I never found Pecon's Garden ever again...

Then again, the monster didn't catch me, I managed to avoid it but then had to go. I guess it's still a single chance only, like Block Aloni's horror servers which he hosts while I am about to go to school.

I could use Basile Singleplayer.

you sure must like being lonely

Missed the point entirely. I cannot visit Block Aloni's servers because when he hosts them I'm at school or sleeping.

Or, it's a weekday, and he doesn't host then.

Missed the point entirely. I cannot visit Block Aloni's servers because when he hosts them I'm at school or sleeping.

Or, it's a weekday, and he doesn't host then.
I wasn't typing words for you, sir. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Re-read the thread. You'll see me realizing this is a bad idea.