Author Topic: canmove event for bots  (Read 1140 times)

So I know what you're thinking, "Zack, just set their wander distance to zero! They won't move if you do that!" Well, the fact of the matter is that it does work. If it doesn't see an enemy. Let's say you want an enemy sniper and set it up so that the bot doesn't move from it's spot or it's spawn. At first, it actually won't move. But then start the minigame.

The very INSTANT that sucker see's you, all of your 'event'ing' goes STRAIGHT down the drain. The dude will start moving like an Overwatch character busting out of Mei's freeze. It will override your work and do the usual, strafe-ram a bot does when it's shooting you, not even adhering to the tooCloserange code in its cs file! 

Amade's bot events had this event, and I remember it working, even when the bot saw an enemy. They were limited, but the events were loyal if I remember correctly. So I've seen that it's possible.

We already have an event for bot's jumping, and it works great. All I'm asking is that someone create, or tell me HOW to create an event that stops them from moving, PERIOD. An event that MAKES them decide not to move, and just shoot at you. That's all I have ever wanted since the old bot events became completely obsolete and unusable. Is this not possible or something? Amade did it, so I'm just wondering why no one else has noticed this problem and asked for a solution.

And no, the cant-move playertype doesn't work. Not only is it buggy, but what if I want to use one of the awesome Shooter playertypes without changing the model and general abilities of the bot? We kinda need something like the Default bot, only it shoots at enemies. I've tinkered with the default bot's code to see if I can make that happen, but alas, I'm no programmer.

That's because you forget to do SetSearchRadius Off too. No search radius, the bot can't see you.

Also do SetIdleBehavior Off.

You can also do SetBotPowered Off if you do not want to control specific aspects of bots, but instead plainly turn on/off the bot.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:27:04 PM by Marios »

That's because you forget to do SetSearchRadius Off too. No search radius, the bot can't see you.
ya but then it won't shoot at anyone

Maybe change the aiplayers datablock to a non movement datablock.

ya but then it won't shoot at anyone

Eyup! I need it to sit stock still and shoot people...the easiest thing in the world.

Maybe change the aiplayers datablock to a non movement datablock.

Tried that. The bot will start spazzing out, crouching like crazy and losing it's target even if it's standing right in front of it. Also, the no-move playertype is buggy with bots. If any velocity is applied to the bot, it will start moving in a direction relative to the force, like a ball moving through a no-gravity zone. Plus, if I want to use the Tactical_Player or one of the Shooter_Player types, changing the data-block will ruin that. We really just need an event. A simple tick-box that toggles whether or not a bot can move. They already did can-jump, I was hoping someone could provide an extension of that.

Ok, join my server.

to test and explain probably