Race for the Vote

Poll

Who do you think is going to win the election?

Alex G. Bush
4 (66.7%)
Logan Flynn
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Race for the Vote  (Read 10471 times)

What is Race for the Vote?
I've been working on this for about a week now and it's finally all cooked up. Race for the Vote is an election simulator where you run for president in a country ready to split apart. Due to recent events and a long history of instability and uneasiness, the country known as the United Republic of Tumultu or Tumultu for short has had many threats to it's existence.

This election year people want change, and they want change now. Do you have what it takes to become the leader?

How does this work/How do I win?
The path to victory is lengthy and challenging, for only the strongest willed can win. You can either run in the primaries for The People's Front or the Independence Party, or be an independent 3rd party and not have to go through the primaries, though not being apart of one the larger parties significantly reduces your chances.

Candidates for the nomination of the 2 parties will be entered into debates, where they will state their stance on political issues to sway people to nominate them. Voters will vote by county, to win a province a majority of counties have to vote for you as the nominee. The person who wins the majority of support (this is a first past the post system) in at least 4/7 provinces will win the nominee for that party. When scheduled on a day (whenever I change the day in real time) a province or more votes as scheduled.

As an independent, you do not participate in any of this. You instead will begin running once the primaries end.

Once the 2 nominees are selected and all independent parties have stated they are running, the main election will begin. It works similar to the primaries, the nominees and if the 3rd parties are popular enough, them as well will debate each other to state their stance on current events and issues to sway voters. Each day of the main election a single province will vote in the same order, whoever wins in 4/7 of the provinces wins the presidency.

To start running, you must post an application in this format. (Note, if you choose independent, you can name your own party, you don't have to put down independent as your party)

Full name of your character:
Your party (The People's Front/Independence Party):

United Republic of Tumultu
Area: 281,508 square miles
Government Districts (Territories and Borders): 10,040 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 31.1 million
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 111.5
Capital: Urbe, Helena
President: Harold McKing
Description: Union of 7 former countries called provinces on a large island, in recent years has been falling apart.

Provinces
Clercben
Area (not including borderlines): 42,735 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 4.6 million
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 108.6
Capital: McKenly
Governor: Sigfried Consalve
Description: 3rd largest province, huge supporter of The People's Front, and major producer of seafood.

North Niels
Area (not including borderlines): 10,770 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 660,000
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 38.8
Capital: Port Libertas
Governor: Case Holt (TEMPORARY)
Description: Most corrupt province, north/south divided for independence from each other, prefers 3rd parties, susceptible to flooding.

South Niels
Area (not including borderlines): 6,955 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 540,000
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 77.6
Capital: Nanburg
Governor: Dawkins Hart
Description: Newly independent, prefers 3rd parties, susceptible to flooding.

Helena
Area (not including borderlines): 67,603 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 11.2 million
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 165.7
Capital: Urbe
Governor: Quinlan Smith
Description: Largest, strongest, richest, and most populated province, heavy The People's Front supporter, founder of the republic.

Saxon
Area (not including borderlines): 34,265 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 3.2 million
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 93.4
Capital: Eberhard
Governor: Hugh Nickolai
Description: Mix of highlands and floodplains known for ores such as coal and iron a strong navy, prone to volcanic eruptions, usually votes one of the 2 major parties.

Abner
Area (not including borderlines): 20,444 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 1.1 million
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 53.8
Capital: Worth
Governor: Wyn Neron
Description: Economy depending on minerals, least population density, 2nd smallest province, and smallest population, strong supporter of Independence Party.

Remington
Area (not including borderlines): 39,486 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 4.1 million
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 103.8
Capital: Ossie
Governor: Herv Montgomery
Description: Prone to volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and flooding, mix of hills and floodplains, heavily corrupt, poor, votes for the 2 major parties or 3rd parties.

Mychala
Area (not including borderlines): 49,205 square miles
Total Population Estimate: 5.7 million
Population Density (Rounded to Tenth): 115.4
Capital: Beniamino
Governor: Kristos Biron
Description: Heavily forested land, 2nd largest province, usually votes Independence Party.

Maps
Political
Provinces
Counties

Candidates
The People's Front
Logan Flynn (Ipquarx) (NOMINEE)
Popular Vote (Percentage): 0%
Provinces Won: 0
Independence Party
Alex George Bush (Deception) (NOMINEE)
Popular Vote (Percentage): 0%
Provinces Won: 0
Independents (not to be confused with Independence Party)
-none yet-

Schedule (subject to change at any time)
Day 1: 3rd Party Signups
Day 2: 3rd Party Signups, North Niels votes
Day 3: South Niels votes, 1st Nominee debate
Day 4: Clercben votes
Day 5: Saxon votes
Day 6: 2nd Nominee debate
Day 7: Helena and Abner vote
Day 8: 3rd Nominee debate
Day 9: Remington and Mychala vote

if i forgot anything i'll add it later
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:25:51 PM by Eon »

oh stuff this is in off topic my bad

i'd totally do this if i wasn't busy with school and the other election and a birthday coming up lmao

i'd totally do this if i wasn't busy with school and the other election and a birthday coming up lmao
really sucks cause jairo dropped his right when i was pretty much wrapping up this
also quick tip: people's front is pretty liberal while independence party is pretty conservative aka democrats and republicans but a bit of different stuff
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:22:30 PM by Eon »

Full Name : James Elmer Ider
Party: The People's Front

Full Name : James Elmer Ider
Party: The People's Front
added

full name: Erick Finnian Lindon
party: independence party

Full Name: Derek Savage
Party: Independence Party

full name: Erick Finnian Lindon
party: independence party

Full Name: Derek Savage
added

note: we're gonna be starting soon if we get like 1-2 more guys to get in, you can still sign up until the main election (unless you're independent)

Full Name: Milo Yiannopoulos

Full Name: Milo Yiannopoulos

added, we will begin when 1 more person signs up for The People's Front
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:02:47 PM by Eon »

is it too late for another candidate in the independence party?

you can still join the two main parties until a nominee is selected and you can always make your own 3rd party

If no one else joins The People's Front party, James will be the nominee.