Author Topic: Why isnt this game dead yet?  (Read 7992 times)

"Man I wish Badspot would put more stuff I personally want into a finished game"
This game isn't 'finished'.  It's a loving sandbox lol.  New stuff could always be added, forever.

This game isn't 'finished'.  It's a loving sandbox lol.  New stuff could always be added, forever.

Well, except that that kinda doesn't seem to be the case as far as official updates go.

Not that that statement is 100% true, but still.
I have this weird feeling about using that 2 times in a row...

He was correcting me, i said "LUA", but it's actually 'Lua', because it's not an acronym, i think
oh

give it a good stab a few hundred times and it wont die

No other game offers this level of customization or creativity.

See Garry's Mod and Roblox.

ive never hated and loved something so much at the same time
swollow are you secretly me
See Garry's Mod and Roblox.
Roblox doesn't allow custom models, does it? And it certainly doesn't have such a simple eventing system.
And Garry's Mod is a terrible sandbox game for building structures IMO, it's so inaccurate. That engine was made for shooters.

except the opposite can be said about it too
it's a sandbox, you don't need updates to the game considering there's always a bunch of people in the community making stuff

baddie comes along occasionally with some bug fixes (which, admittedly, could come faster), considering that's the only main thing that he needs to do

The Off Topic board keeps it alive.

wait whats wrong with Lua is it just bad because its old or what
definitely not cus it's old. I mean, it's not bad, but if it was it wouldn't be because it's old. lua's latest version was released a few months ago

Relevant, https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251868.0
No, the OP is asking why the game isn't dead yet.
He didn't say RIP Blockland or made any reference stating the game was dead.

nice one mate.

Because the game is a multiplayer sandbox with mod support. It's not a singleplayer linear-story driven game. It's not a franchise that is purposefully made to die off so you buy the next big title. It's not that hard to figure it out. Use and abuse your brain.

well there really hasnt been a lego game ever that allows you to build with few limits like this.
plenty model programs but they arnt games.

lego themselves seem to not be able to fill that demand vacuum that is so obvious.