Author Topic: Civ V - AIs are starfishs  (Read 2045 times)

So I made my tussian empire and befriended the greeks. We were friends for quite some time so I accepted the open borders. I was busy with coastal cities for happiness gathering. Turns out, the motherforgeter planned a full-scale ambush on my inland cities and declared war. I have no protection in those cities because they were surrounded by mountains and well, peace with greece.

These AIs are loving beautiful. Shame I'm probably going to lose the war but it's amazing how it planned the ambush.

Napoleon w/ France is a big jerk too

I hadn't developed my military well enough one time and I was barely able to resist his full-scale war on me, things ended with a peace treaty, but I planned a full conquest on the douche once I had enough military.

That's why Civ V is amazing

Look at this stuff!

I was up north dealing with this guy
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:07:07 PM by Pastrey Crust »

I was playing civ with friends once and this city state expanded right next to me so i was like "aight u bout 2 get forgeted up". But what I didn't realize was that the city state was friends with all of the ais. So you can kind of guess what happened next.

china planned an attack during our friendship period due to my lack of soldiers and forced an attack moments after in my time of vulnerability. a full chinese army against a russian warrior, archer, and a city. needless to say the chinese army did not last very long.

also suleiman can lick my shoes and the ground i walk on. loser always asks for my cities and gold when he gets his ass kicked in war in return for peace.

Ghandi. *Laughs*

At one moment, you are at peace with him. One second later, your city is getting bombed by 40 nukes.

you know nothing about evil AI
gal civs ii ai are infinitely more assholish
>call you, the player, out on your tactics
>as good as a real player, as richardish as one
>will break alliances in favor of losing a trade partner
>will call you an starfish, tell you that they know exactly what you're doing with the cease fire, and then obliterate your main military worlds because forget you they do what they want

china is a bug that can be squashed easily
the green gorillas on the other hand own 2/3 of the galaxy and all the political influence and also they hate your guts from the start

spawning between russia, the ottomans and shaka zulu is what i wish to my worst enemies

In my experience the AI is horribly made. The enemies will have completely surrounded your city but take forever to actually attack it because they are too busy shuffling their units around every turn

france is always a richardwad. in fact, most countries are
only, like, sweden and denmark are ever peaceful

The AI is so great.

One of them was going to win next turn. "Well gee, wouldn't it be great if any of them wanted to stop them from winning?"
But the AI does not understand that someone else winning means they lose. An artificial intelligence said no to winning in a game that it was programmed to win at, just to remain being friends with another artificial intelligence.

So I made my tussian empire and befriended the greeks. We were friends for quite some time so I accepted the open borders. I was busy with coastal cities for happiness gathering. Turns out, the motherforgeter planned a full-scale ambush on my inland cities and declared war. I have no protection in those cities because they were surrounded by mountains and well, peace with greece.

But really, this thread makes this game sound like I must buy it yesterday. Perhaps I should.

I started a game yesterday, had a really sweet start, at the corner of a continent with nice resources all around me. then my neighbor Siam forward settled me really fast and declared war on turn 40, and now its turn 140 and the war wont end because he thinks he has me, but I keep grinding through his military as they enter my land. meanwhile he continues to expand on the rest of the continent and I'm boxed in. such cheap stuffe.... i HATE this game and I hate history and farms and swords and horses I HATE that hsite I HATE civilization as we know it.