Haven't been here in forever

Author Topic: Haven't been here in forever  (Read 3307 times)

Wow this is super nostalgic aha, I started playing way back in 2009, coming back here and seeing some familiar names is sweet, anything cool happen? I'm interested in hearing what's new, this game was always a great place to be creative and friendly. I remember playing this game all summer and winter break long, and making TDM's and stuff, haha, sweet to see Pecon's boss battles is still up.

Nothing cool happened. Playcounts and server quality are plummeting.

On a positive note, nice to see you around again Mango!

I thought this was Cowboy6 lol

Anyways welcome back!

I thought this was Cowboy6 lol

Anyways welcome back!
Cowboy6 hasn't been in forever either.

OT: Welcome back mango, How's it going?

i forgot about you, i think we were friends on rtb back when it was still used. welcome back

hey I remember you
welcome back

who are you again
Mango. Him and Cowboy6 ran the longest running dedicated hosting service. It was free and very reliable.

he's way too new to remember mango

i remember he had a nfs server and it was cool

Mango. Him and Cowboy6 ran the longest running dedicated hosting service. It was free and very reliable.
Except, you know, for the incident where they misconfigured the webserver and some guy stole the blockland keys of every person using it.

Good to see you post Mango, how are you? During the summer, we held yet another Blockland soccer cup. It was a great community event and was really fun! :)

Anything you've been up to lately Mango?

Except, you know, for the incident where they misconfigured the webserver and some guy stole the blockland keys of every person using it.
That was not proven and all of the supposed victims, including myself, all have our keys still.

That was not proven and all of the supposed victims, including myself, all have our keys still.

My server was hacked and exploited with a directory traversal attack according to my source (which has since been fixed) and they got the key.dat files

+ At around this time Ipquarx made a proof-of-concept program that could decypher the full keys from key.dat files by brown townyzing a large set of them created by the same machine to try to determine the machine's MAC address and (some value relating to the cpu), which are the two values used to obfuscate the real key value. The more keys, the faster the process. If I'm remembering correctly, it took a trivial amount of time to finish the process with 30 keys coming from the same machine.

Regardless, the issue was that the key.dat files were able to be stolen in the first place.