a thank you topic

Author Topic: a thank you topic  (Read 2805 times)

I'm not writing this as an "I'm leaving" post, but as a very sincere 'thank you' post. So this might come off a bit sappy.

I was reluctant on writing this knowing the nature of this forum (and hell, it may have gotten worse), but as my social life went down the stuffter after high school ended and college started, my web of closely knit friends became ever less communicative with each other- including me.
I found myself nostalgia tripping over the memories of the days were I frequently came here; when I came to have a quick laugh or even to have a quick jab at someone who made a slight mistake in their post.
This was the only place I could socialize with people while I was at home. Because at the time services like Steam, Skype, and IM were not commonplace, so my outlets were limited.

But when I do revisit here, I notice that each time there seems to be fewer and fewer older users who post. So I think this may be the only time I can post this and have at least a few who read can relate.

I registered here on September 9th, 2009- 7 years ago when I was but 11 years old. Probably not the best age to have joined this forum, but hey, I was going to join eventually. Since then, I've seen this forum go through a lot: hacking, DDoSing, furry drama, brony drama, Self Delete by stab, private investigating, key deactivation, ip bans being lifted, waves of keyless bot accounts, two massive pony megathreads, many avatar fads, glorious chainbans, greenlight hype, shadows & shaders controversy, many infamous stuffposters and trolls, a forgetton of other drama, and most importantly: procrastination with a tuna jar.

Many users have come and gone. Many banned, some left by their own will, and the few who just never came back.

Through the immense amount of stuff (both good and bad) I made many friends here, and some not so much. Regardless of how you may view this forum whether it may be good or bad,
I did grow up and mature on this forum along with the fellows who went on it- and I don't regret one single second of it.

What I'm trying to say is this: to the growing few who are still here

Thank you.
Thank you for the memories.

Who are you

But when I do revisit here, I notice that each time there seems to be fewer and fewer older users who post. So I think this may be the only time I can post this and have at least a few who read can relate.

That sad moment when you realize people have lives
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:25:16 PM by Red Spy »

Who are you

That sad moment when you realize people have more to do than chat on a lego forum
stop

u welcome

idk if you've been gone long enough to not know that I'm night fox but basically, I'm night fox
unlike you I haven't abandoned taken many breaks from the forum, so I have been here the whole time and let me tell you it's just the worst. ever since you left the whole place has gone downhill. people are voting for donald Annoying Orange, like three members have killed other members, and you don't even wanna know what's been going on with badspot
Who are you
someone substantially more noteworthy than you
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:32:29 PM by Foxscotch »

Who are you

go be a rooster somewhere else

Thank you for the memories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onzL0EM1pKY
and also you're welcome

Who are you

classic red spy post
-
it's weird seeing the name tyler66 again. havent seen you around in forever. most of the people who were active around the time you registered are gone. VH posts pretty often in the pictures thread, lord tony is still around but that's really all i can think of in terms of notable users.

i first registered here early 2010 and the forums are definitely a changed place

that's a name i haven't seen in a long while

i may have only been here in your later years of this forum but know that i will always remember you and the crazy stuff that's happened since

Who are you

your that one guy who feels entitled to ask questions to every user if they've been gone 2+ months
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:02:26 PM by Damp »