Why do the predators on Dateline NBC get arrested

Author Topic: Why do the predators on Dateline NBC get arrested  (Read 6711 times)

If the person they were talking to online and met in real life wasn't actually a minor all along why do they get arrested

Besides charges of intent

This topic is partly joking btw

I've watched a lot of the Hansen Vs Predator episodes and it seems like they're pretty consistently getting charged for "attempted risk" and "attempted love assault" instead of actual risk to minor or loveual assault which makes sense, because they showed up to the house in an attempt to bone a kid, but they were stopped before they could.

It's funny that the sentence lengths are still pretty loving hefty though lol, not that I'm complaining. The fewer willys on the street the better

i get that they are trying to prevent rapes and kidnappings but cops dont put up fake speed signs and arrest people for attempting to speed. i feel its also similar to how they catch prostitutes

dont get me wrong the less offenders out there the better.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:28:19 PM by Starkiller »

i get that they are trying to prevent rapes and kidnappings but cops dont put up fake speed signs and arrest people for attempting to speed. i feel its also similar to how they catch prostitutes

Okay but the difference is that they are sending loveually charged messages to people who identified themselves as 13 year old girls for months in advance lol. Putting up a fake speed sign to trick people into breaking the law would be entrapment. Trying to entice a 13 year old girl to suck your richard over the internet is already a crime that you are already commiting when you get caught, so is prostitution

Okay but the difference is that they are sending loveually charged messages to people who identified themselves as 13 year old girls for months in advance lol. Putting up a fake speed sign to trick people into breaking the law would be entrapment. Trying to entice a 13 year old girl to suck your richard over the internet is already a crime that you are already commiting when you get caught, so is prostitution
right. everyone already knows its illegal to forget a kiddy. but speed signs are representations of the law so i see why thats different.

your dumb brown townogy is better suited for a "cops are telling people the legal age is different" discussion

your dumb brown townogy is better suited for a "cops are telling people the legal age is different" discussion
are ya blind? I just said this exact thing

Nevermind that stuff when are they going to bring TCaP back?

Nevermind that stuff when are they going to bring TCaP back?

He did last year, it's called Hansen Vs Predator, theyve got several episodes

He did last year, it's called Hansen Vs Predator, theyve got several episodes

The kickstarter actually kicked off and they followed through?

They should have called it "The creep Files" TBH

Yup, been watching them on youtube last couple days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDn_ILfclC8

Yup, been watching them on youtube last couple days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDn_ILfclC8

Looks like it never ended in the first place which is great. When I saw the funding video on the kickstarter I cringed. I hate it when people acknowledge memes based around them.

In the first two investigations of To Catch a Predator, Dateline/Perverted Justice were acting alone to out (and hopefully deter) potential predators. From then on, local police became interested in doing a side-by-side investigation with cooperation; they would temporarily deputise the Perverted Justice crew in exchange for all evidence collected (such as computer chat logs, photos and phone calls).

The role of the sting operation for these predators is the same as a sting operation for trying to catch drug dealers. They setup the scenario as if it real, making sure to have as much evidence of intent as possible to demonstrate to the judge that the predator was, beyond reasonable doubt, interested in committing a real felonious act. This is why the predators are often asked to bring certain items; the more things they bring in, the more proof police have of the potential for a criminal act which may have taken place.

The predators are always charged with various "attempts", as obviously they weren't actually caught in the act. It should be noted that many of the paedophiles that are caught on the show have an extensive history of child love crimes, and are usually known to police. Some were even awaiting court dates for previous criminal acts when they arrived at the house.

The original run was partly canned thanks to one creep, Louis Conradt, Jr. (Assistant District Attorney). This ballsy forgeter was coming from another county, but he never even got to the house. After he stopped communicating with the decoy (not before he had sent pictures of his snake and had explicit communication with somebody he knew to be underage), the investigating police got permission from the local police, at which point they attempted to arrest the forgeter in his home, but he killed himself to prevent capture (right as a SWAT team had found him).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:28:18 AM by McJob »