Poll

Linear capping system? (only adjacent points can be capped)

Yes
7 (87.5%)
No
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: ISLAND DOMINATION TDM | Federation v. Rebels [NEW POLL] [OPEN]  (Read 3831 times)

Island Domination
Federation v. Rebels

Island Domination is a capture point team deathmatch where the Pacific Federation battles an organization of fearless Rebels for control of the rural South Pacific island, Isla de Bloque.

Objective

The server takes inspiration from an ArmA series style capture point game mode. There are a total of 5 points in key locations around the island. To win, one team must be in control of at least 4 points for 75 seconds*. An objective of this size will take a considerable amount of teamwork and determination, so be ready to coordinate with your team.

*(Game rules and balancing are subject to change)

Team Assets

Vehicles

Each team has a variety of vehicles to choose from. However, each must be earned by spending points to purchase vehicles. Vehicle spawn areas have an interface that is used to purchase assets for the team. Upon purchase of a vehicle, more buttons used to spawn vehicles and recover them will appear and be available for use. The ? buttons display the prices of all the different vehicles. Both teams are able to obtain a basic transport truck at the beginning of each round for free. Once a vehicle has been bought, it can be respawned for free until the next round.

Demonstration of buying a vehicle

Intel

Both bases have an intelligence room with a crude map inside. The map displays the rough location of each capture point and which team currently controls it. Each button is clickable and will display the name of its corresponding location.

Beginning of a round

After some battle time

The Build

Island Domination makes use of Kobble's Isla de Bloque with permission.

Overview of the island (Image from Kobble's thread.)

Changes

Since the last time I hosted this, around two months ago, I have made some changes to improve and streamline gameplay. If you have any suggestions for the server, post them here or in the Discord server.

• Rebel Uniforms are now a lighter color than before to make it easier to distinguish between teams.
  • Signs have been places alongside roads to ease navigation of the map and getting to control points.
  • Vehicle prices have been slightly adjusted. Some are now more expensive to improve balance.
  • Stratofortress' M1 Abrams has been added as an Armored Vehicle, now available for purchase for 65 points.
  • New sounds have been added to several vehicles.
  • The stock transport truck now spawns automatically on minigame reset.
  • Floating markers have been placed above each capture point and change color based on who owns them.
  • Transfer points to team mates with '/givePoints <player> <amount>'.

Administration

There isn't really much need for administration, so there's only a few at the moment.

SphericalCube
     Xdere
     Grimlock

Communications

I've created a Discord server specifically for Island Domination as well as any other servers I make in the future. There are three voice channels, one general, and one for each team. Moderation to keep cheaters out of channels of the opposite team will not always be available, which means most of the time they work on the honor system. Use them at your own risk.

Hosting by Blockland Glass

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:38:35 PM by SphericalCube »

server's up and running come check it out

I'd suggest TT over the current weaponset.

We're open! The server's been renamed to be a bit more descriptive of what it's about. Come join!

I think its fine. For some reason I've never liked TT and prefer the current Raycasting(?) weapons

I've thought about switching weapon packs but the main reason I haven't is because the raycast weapons suit long range combat, as regular projectiles are too slow for the scale of the map. Another advantage is the fact that the current pack is very balanced for both the regular and russian expansion. If it were changed, it would either be to GCat's special pack, T+T, or Blockality. I've added a poll to the OP.

ah stuff the server is populated but i cant get on my computer right now god forget me in the ass

ah stuff the server is populated but i cant get on my computer right now god forget me in the ass
Same here, i'm only able to play right now for like 10 minutes. Busy rest of the day haha

I really wish somebody could fix the stupid FOV issue with Gcats weapons. That's the only reason I wish the weapon pack was different so that I didn't have to worry about my fov switching all the time back to 90 because I switched weapons.

I really wish somebody could fix the stupid FOV issue with Gcats weapons. That's the only reason I wish the weapon pack was different so that I didn't have to worry about my fov switching all the time back to 90 because I switched weapons.
/fixfov _____
This works but only for switching between weps. When you unscope (damn autocorrect) it doesn't do anything
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 02:33:54 PM by SphericalCube »

is that a drawing of a richard on top of a mountain or is that a coincidence you won't be able to unsee now

Javelins locking onto players is just plain silly. Machine guns have a slow fire rate and every gun is bit too accurate. Server is very fun though, feels like classic GCat game.

this server needs the point donation mod