Author Topic: Isla de Bloque [WITH SAVE DL]  (Read 6422 times)

So a while ago I built a large modter island taking inspiration from GSF Paradise and people seemed to like it, so I built another one.

Overview:

(The whole thing will not fit in the draw distance, so this is several images poorly stitched together in photoshop)

Features:

Small towns and villages

Large towns and a city

Industrial areas

Military areas

Trees

Notes
  • The Island was built with Latin America in mind, so the signs are in Spanish.
  • There are a large amount of 64x modter bricks, so you will struggle to clear bricks if the save is loaded.
  • There may be a few vehicle spawns and such about that I didn't clear up
  • There are 13 chests to find, but I didn't personally place all of them.

Download Stuff
The map uses Blur's Rainy day colorset
The trees used are Zombekillz MoRPlants and Phydeoux, [GSF]Ghost, Elm and Crispy's DetailTrees (If anyone has links to the topic for these bricks, let me know)
It also uses Modular Terrain, including the 4x pack, which is not default.
Otherwise everything is default.

DOWNLOAD

If you want a version without trees (I don't blame you) then either load the save without one or both of the above tree addons, or click here. One thing to note with this version is that it reveals some things hidden in foliage, potentially hurting your experience.

Credits
I began building this a year ago, so if I missed you out or you think you don't deserve credit, please tell me.

Builder
Kobble - 6942
Secondary builders Listed in order of contribution
Refticus - 14771
Mac Workin - 32882
Klarck - 26586
Plastiware - 1118
Vitawrap - 47621
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 03:15:22 PM by kobble »

Holy crap.

Amazing work, could see this used as a survival / dayz server

Reminds me of tropico for some reason, but it looks really nice.

Is this intentional or am I missing some bricks? It's like that on most houses and like ~2k bricks didn't load.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:10:45 AM by TheArmyGuy »

It looks like you are missing some bricks. Either he forgot a few add ons in the OP, or you might have forgotten to download all of them
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:36:52 AM by Bing2 »

you might have forgotten to download all of them
I doubt the house was held up by trees and shrubs.

very good work! i like it a lot

Is this intentional or am I missing some bricks? It's like that on most houses and like ~2k bricks didn't load.
you need the modter 4xpack which isnt default

you need the modter 4xpack which isnt default
Yes this.
I forgot it wasn't default, I will update OP.

Holy stuff that's amazing!

it's certainly an achievement, but i don't feel like individual parts of the island are that impressive. it's really showing off in quantity. i guess higher detail would destroy the brickcount and your life but that just seems like reason to build a smaller island in my mind.

see if you can find all the skulls i planted. i dont remember anymore where or how many i planted.
also there's a secret room with a bunch of bots in it for people to find.

Subliminal messages much?

I love the city's building style, it feels very old. Very simple and... "default," if you will.
It reminds me a lot of the old GSF maps with the rare building interior here and there. Great job!