Author Topic: Short Mod  (Read 2465 times)

Well, I got this idea while I was playing with my legos and I have one of the Jawas. So I think, 'Well, Dr. Bling is making a Starwars mod and theres a hood thing coming out (I think for the hat collection)' So why not? What it does, basically,is lower the body so the pants are connected to the legs! I hope someone can make this, I'd like it.  :cookieMonster:

I'd also use it for my sand crawler project

Your welcome to modify m.dts, whether you succeed is a different story altogether.

Can't script. I meant like you'd type /shortmode and It'd do that. I hope someone makes that :D

Ugh. m.dts is the player model. Not a script.

uhhh...

Code: [Select]
function serverCmdShortMode(%client){
    %client.player.setScale("1 1 0.5");
}
?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 03:49:32 PM by Curiosity Core »

Is it just me or would that be horribly glitchy and crashy to set their Z scale to -0.5?

-.5 wowa thats not good, I think your looking for 1 1 .5

Yeah, I meant 0.5. Sorry for that  :cookieMonster:

What I think he means is that the feet are connected to the body, like the original player model, and yes, I'm quite aware that m.dts is a model, not a script, I'm not quite as stupid as you think I am.

What I think he means is that the feet are connected to the body, like the original player model, and yes, I'm quite aware that m.dts is a model, not a script, I'm not quite as stupid as you think I am.

I'm quite aware you know that, but I thought -nick- thought m.dts was a script.

Unfortunately, your statement did not seem to specify any specific target.

Ugh, no, not make him shorter. This is an example, done with Paint.Net

Note: His body is sitting on his feet.

Okay I whipped this up quick. There are some issues, though. The feet are sort of inside your pants, and when you are short you don't play walking animations and there are a few other quirks. Here is a pic of someone short standing next to someone normal:

Type /short to be short and type it again to be normal.

If any other scripters are reading this, please make this better if you can and want to. Even though it functions, it's only halfway to where it should be. However, I must ask that you DO NOT POST THIS IN ADD-ONS unless you 100% fix it and make it bug-free.

thanks :D If you could make him sit ontop of the feet if possible, that be great :) And try to make the walk animations work plz

the arms don't match the rest of the body. unless you want to look like Donkey Kong's younger brother, change them too.